Money raising idea!

How about the club offering a £100 10 match ticket book? Usable at any home league or cup match??? Might be good for people who cant make every game and therefore want to choose games???? I have a mate who has been a long term ST holder who can only make 6-7 games a season at present but but would pay a decent amounnt to commit to this? Thoughts???

Thats at a better price per game than the normal season tickets currently. So it wouldnt happen for that low. You'd be looking at £140 minimum if the club were to do something like this.

You are bang on mate..................... got my maths wrong (not helped by the ale tonight) however, good idea me reckons and would work???

It might work, but the club must have thought about this a bit the amount of times it has been mentioned. Essentially, they are happier with having those for whom a season ticket is too much of a stretch or not worth the value for money pay £20 a pop (£18 if you go down before the game) to watch Latics. I know I'd have one but the club would loose £60 that way.

I sometimes wonder if charging for the benefits the season ticket holders get outside of the match tickets, like being at the front of the queue for away games might be a goer

How about the club offering a £100 10 match ticket book? Usable at any home league or cup match??? Might be good for people who cant make every game and therefore want to choose games???? I have a mate who has been a long term ST holder who can only make 6-7 games a season at present but but would pay a decent amounnt to commit to this? Thoughts???

are we in a secret cup tournament ? :wink:

You are bang on mate..................... got my maths wrong (not helped by the ale tonight) however, good idea me reckons and would work???

ST holders might switch to 2 x 10 match tickets, most ST holders probably miss 1 or 2 games a season. Buy one at start of season, £140 into club. Wait and see how season goes, might not buy for 2nd half of season. Club £140 or so down.

You'd have to set the price at a level to allow STs to get at least 10% better value, allowing for 2/3 games missed.

£280 ST; 20 games = £14 a game; 10% better value > £15.40 per game > £154 for a 10 game ticket as a minimum, assuming ST prices stay around £280.

They usually promote the half season ticket in December.

I really do think a £150-£175(ish) 10 match flexibile ticket would be a great way of making sure fans don't drift away if the football deteriorates (or if they do drift away, their money is banked).

I'd also suggest a big play on Boundary Blues half season tickets as a £25 Christmas present (big push in the Spindles shop) is a must - especially if Dad / Grandad comes to every game with the kid.

Edited by opinions4u

Why the hell don't they highlight this when the going is good?

To be fair I think they have done so. This is the first year I've known about it and I don't think its a new policy. The half season ticket might get a bit more business this year, and I can't remember but they may stick a few quid off compared to the pro rata price.

To be fair I think they have done so. This is the first year I've known about it and I don't think its a new policy. The half season ticket might get a bit more business this year, and I can't remember but they may stick a few quid off compared to the pro rata price.

I think (?) they stick to the non-discounted rate for part-year STs, £16.47 a game. Works out at £230 for the 14 games after Exeter, a saving of £50 on matchday prices for the sake of 1 trip to BP. Or a saving of £22 aginst pay-in-advance, but you'd have to make 14 trips (or can you buy for a few games ahead; e.g 3 games at a time?).

Personally I'd say it should be £16 a game; £224, saving £56

Edited by real