undersoil heating

if your happy with just existing fine

but 3500 that dont bother comming anymore have voted with there arses off the seats i have followed oldham athletic for forty odd years and in all that time this club has never been as low down as it is now

there is nothing ever being said at the club to fill you with optimism

You are obviously a :clown: my friend???????? And probably dont go anymore????????

Get a grip I didn't say that. I simply challenged your point that everything was hunky dory before TTA turned up. The club was dead in the water before TTA turned up.

I would say it was lower when it was in the fourth division. I would say it was lower before Paul Dickov came in and got a side together that plays half decent football. Sorry, but many of those 3,500 should be getting off their arses and getting back to BP because the product on the pitch has been quite impressive this season.

So are you unable to find anything positive about being in the top seven with games in hand?

See your doctor then. They have pills for that sort of thing.

I too have followed this club for 40 years (45 to be precise).

In that time we have had many lows and some (glorious) highs - that's what supporting a club like ours is all about - I don't like the fact that we have fallen so far from the time when we were rubbing shoulders with the big boys - but that's the way it crumbles and it was good while it lasted.

Last season was one of the many lows but this season there are some grounds for optimism - let's hope we at least have a crack at the play-offs - and that we move nearer to resolving the ground situation.

2011 is just around the corner - let's hope the upward trend continues. :wink:

I think sky sports reported during a recent live game that Sheff Utd were spending £2000 per day running their undersoil heating. Think that might bankrupt us.

For the boxing day match it might have been viable, based only on running costs - might have had 2k Carlisle fans, but on a mid-week we might only get 1k; Maybe 1k extra Latics fans.

A loss of 2000 x £20 = £40k

Running a system for 10 days would have cost £20k.

However the cost of a sytem (? £0.5m ?) against the infrequency of use (Twice per year, 10 year life span?) would probably make it unviable. (Guesstimates equate to an extra £25k per game)