Saturday Home Games - 1st March to Season's end

Anyone going to all of them, all 3 that is?

We play 8 games on satudays, of which just 3 will be at home, we've only another 2 saturday home games in feb. Poor fixture setting by the FL.

Edited by real

Anyone going to all of them, all 3 that is?

We play 8 games on satudays, of which just 3 will be on saturdays, we've only another 2 saturday home games in feb. Poor fixture setting by the FL.

What ? From march 1st we have 5 home games 3 Saturday's one bank holiday Monday and one Tuesday night.

In feb we have 4 home games 2 on Tuesday night 2 on a Saturday

Edited by LaticsLee

What ? From march 1st we have 5 home games 3 Saturday's one bank holiday Monday and one Tuesday night.

In feb we have 4 home games 2 on Tuesday night 2 on a Saturday

6 home games from 1st March; 3 on Sat, 1 Tues night, 1 Mon night, 1 Bank Hol

So, less than half our home games are on a saturday, which is a bit off - hardly a traditional approach.

Perhaps the club should ask the FL to reduce the saturday home games in Dec / Jan in favour of southern away trips and increase the number of saturday home games in Aug-Nov and Feb - May? (ok, it's not an exact thing with the weather, but it might help).

What difference does it make anyway I'm glad we don't have to do a Exeter on a Tuesday night

Revenue for a start - we drop at least 500 on a mid-week game vs a saturday.

Tradition / expectation - most people find saturday games more traditional

Other than that it was just a shock to me that so few satruday home games were in the fixtures.

Revenue for a start - we drop at least 500 on a mid-week game vs a saturday.

Tradition / expectation - most people find saturday games more traditional

Other than that it was just a shock to me that so few satruday home games were in the fixtures.

It seems more tradition to play on a Sunday nowadays

So, less than half our home games are on a saturday, which is a bit off - hardly a traditional approach.

Perhaps the club should ask the FL to reduce the saturday home games in Dec / Jan in favour of southern away trips and increase the number of saturday home games in Aug-Nov and Feb - May? (ok, it's not an exact thing with the weather, but it might help).

But the Football League can't move a Bank Holiday to a Saturday!! So there are three Saturday games plus a potentially lucrative Bank Holiday match out of the six.

What difference does it make anyway I'm glad we don't have to do a Exeter on a Tuesday night

Agreed mate it makes more sense to play the teams who are very southern or are more likely to bring just a few hundred on mid week night. However the football league is thinking of the fans which is why Sheffield Weds was a Tuesday night so neither set of fans had to make a massive trip.

Think it was Wardle Latic who emailed the football league to take into consideration the number of longest distance trips a team plays it was the Gillingham mid week match away which i think gave him the idea :wink:

Agreed mate it makes more sense to play the teams who are very southern or are more likely to bring just a few hundred on mid week night. However the football league is thinking of the fans which is why Sheffield Weds was a Tuesday night so neither set of fans had to make a massive trip.

Think it was Wardle Latic who emailed the football league to take into consideration the number of longest distance trips a team plays it was the Gillingham mid week match away which i think gave him the idea :wink:

I thought Sheffield Wednesday was on Tuesday night for same reason we only had Leeds on a Tuesday night, something to do with amount of police.

when did 3 become less than half of 6? have i missed something? :blink:

Just the way the fixtures fall, one season you can have loads at home on the saturdays, and loads away on the tuesdays,, next season can be other way round..

when did 3 become less than half of 6? have i missed something? :blink:

Just the way the fixtures fall, one season you can have loads at home on the saturdays, and loads away on the tuesdays,, next season can be other way round..

Usually after a couple of Holt's, a bottle of Victory, a Guiness and then the Chimay Bleu