MEN/Advertiser on comings and goings

Mike being a Latics Fan is usually spot on and certainly more on the ball than the out of favour Chron. So we are after Reid and As thought £250k is short of our valuation of Taylor

M.E.N

Oldham Athletic boss Paul Dickov has continued reshaping his squad before the close of the January transfer window.

Aidan White has completed his long awaited move from Leeds United on a loan deal until the end of the season.

He has been joined by Dickov's former Blackburn Rovers team-mate Andy Todd, who has joined from Perth Glory, again until May.

Dickov is also hopeful of completing a loan move for West Bromwich Albion striker Reuben Reid.

Jon Worthington has departed for Bradford City after his contract was terminated, while Ferenc Fodor has also been released.

Rob Purdie has extended his loan spell with Hereford United for the remainder of the campaign, while Chesterfield want to extend Deane Smalley's loan stay.

However, Scunthorpe United have been told Chris Taylor will not be leaving Boundary Park unless the price is right.

The Championship strugglers have tabled a bid, thought to be around £250,000, but that falls way short of Latics' valuation.

Edited by oafcprozac

Talk about starting threads for the sake of it.

And we all know where Mike gets his info from, dont we.

Calm down dear…. a lot of stuff was being swallowed up by the 'general' not exclusive to Latics thread. Mike's story appeared before anything on the fishal or player so I thought fellow supporters would like to know the latest - as I find the article when searching news articles for Rueben Reid…

If fellow fans (or journos) want to know the latest they should log on here.

They will greeted by many different threads on each matter.

Not sure where you are coming from with this, I posted a link and the article so if people wanted to read said article they would have logged on here and seen the link. I take it there's some beef with the MEN? Chron loyalist are you? :wink: Or some beef with Mike? (Who may get a lot of his stuff from on here but so do the Chron, remember the game Rocky and Paddy were playing a couple of seasons back to get the most ludicrous rumours printed - and often succeeded!)

Personally my first point of call is the club's here or a google news search - as often our official site is hours behind everywhere else... :grin:

Not sure where you are coming from with this, I posted a link and the article so if people wanted to read said article they would have logged on here and seen the link. I take it there's some beef with the MEN? Chron loyalist are you? :wink: Or some beef with Mike? (Who may get a lot of his stuff from on here but so do the Chron, remember the game Rocky and Paddy were playing a couple of seasons back to get the most ludicrous rumours printed - and often succeeded!)Personally my first point of call is the club's here or a google news search - as often our official site is hours behind everywhere else... :grin:

That reminds me - We are after Heffernan again.

You can't really favourably compare the couple of column inches we get in the M.E.N. with the the coverage we get in the Chron.

Why? Most of what the Chron prints is rehashed from the website and days out of date. The coverage we get from the Advertiser(owned by MEN) in particular is better and usually tells us things the Chron doesn't. The Chron have been overly negative about Latics for years...

Why? Most of what the Chron prints is rehashed from the website and days out of date. The coverage we get from the Advertiser(owned by MEN) in particular is better and usually tells us things the Chron doesn't. The Chron have been overly negative about Latics for years...

I cant say I care for the masses of information you get on Citeh and Yoonited or the couple of inches latics get in the M.E.N. But each to their own. And I'd wager that a lot of Oldham's traditional fanbase (i.e. the older lot) don't come on here or the official website and since the games stopped being trasmitted on Cavell, the Chron is the last link we have to the wider population in the Borough.

I cant say I care for the masses of information you get on Citeh and Yoonited or the couple of inches latics get in the M.E.N. But each to their own. And I'd wager that a lot of Oldham's traditional fanbase (i.e. the older lot) don't come on here or the official website and since the games stopped being trasmitted on Cavell, the Chron is the last link we have to the wider population in the Borough.

Agree, but we are now in the Chron (as they desperately try to operate as a going concern) increasingly seeing wider then ever coverage given to United and City and even Dale get their own match-reports and Keith Hill etc… I'm not praising the MEN paper as our coverage is :censored:e in there, but the Advertiser printed by the same firm is pretty good and usually on the ball. The stuff that usually appears on the MEN website can be better if a bit brief and I know they've tried blogs and things.

As for the bit in bold, yes as I say I agree, bute herein lies the problem with the Oldham population - the Chron is overly negative towards Latics and can contribute to the sneering attitude of "Same old Latics", it has got a bit better but a bit of positive spin on quotes could work wonders instead of being so keen to seize on possible negativity to paint a picture of doom and gloom. Maybe this is where the club could be a bit cuter too. Fair play to Dicky though, he has been like a breath of fresh-air this year...

@ prozac - my point was that its yet another thread for the sake of it. The subjects are beimg discussed all over the board so why start another thread? And bizarrely you try to hold up the article as an example of how mike is more on the ball than other journos....when all that info in the article has been on here for some time.

As far as transfer news goes, both the Chron & Advertiser are well behind this site. And both publications are only worth reading for their match reports - both of which I find excellent - and interviews.

And, reading your subsequent posts, who is the one with bias?!

it is a pointless thread really, nothing that we dont already know

off topic (if there is one)

read the advertiser for the first time in many a month tonight

is it car night or something? i started getting arm ache flicking through the pages

o4u, get it in the advertiser lad :grin:

@ prozac - my point was that its yet another thread for the sake of it. The subjects are beimg discussed all over the board so why start another thread? And bizarrely you try to hold up the article as an example of how mike is more on the ball than other journos....when all that info in the article has been on here for some time.

As far as transfer news goes, both the Chron & Advertiser are well behind this site. And both publications are only worth reading for their match reports - both of which I find excellent - and interviews.

And, reading your subsequent posts, who is the one with bias?!

maybe your beefs with prozac and not the men????

have to say i dont believe anything printed in the chron...have to say over the years they have always always put a negative slant on all things latics related...hence why the club removed them as our media partner....

i dont really worry too much about how much coverage we get in the men either,i very rarely read it,and if i want to know something i either log on here,the official site or bbc sport...

think the whole point of the original post was to finally confirm matters officially....because lets face it,all we have had on here is rumours and peoples opinions,nothing 100% concrete...

Got a proper nasty virus at the min and have spent the last three days and nights in bed eating all types of paracetamol. They are all a waste of money.

It's been a meek existence with only my phone and the mobile internet for company.

Got a proper nasty virus at the min and have spent the last three days and nights in bed eating all types of paracetamol. They are all a waste of money.

It's been a meek existence with only my phone and the mobile internet for company.

oh dear...man flu eh....that explains it all..enuff said,lol