Corney interview on LP

Also, wasn't it stated when it was announced the Blitz and Gazal were servering ties that the budget for this season was already agreed and put into place prior to their announcement? In which case their cash was already in place for this season according to the figure's they guessed would be required. Given that the income into the club cannot be anywhere near what was expected prior to the season starting, is now why the praise is indeed waranted on ALL the board and it's allies. I must admit I am amazed at the club's resistance to selling Taylor, I really am. That said Taylor didn't want to go, so made no difference to what Scunny got up to!.

I thought we would of seen one of our better players go (Lee, Furman, Stephens, Taylor etc..) and pleased we haven't - does this show we are not in a desperate situation yet? I think if we desperately needed the cash and accepted a offer, i think Taylor would go to help us survive financially.

I thought we would of seen one of our better players go (Lee, Furman, Stephens, Taylor etc..) and pleased we haven't - does this show we are not in a desperate situation yet? I think if we desperately needed the cash and accepted a offer, i think Taylor would go to help us survive financially.

His acting would have to be better than some of the on-pitch efforts we've all seen - can't imagine many paying good money for a player who doesn't want to go to them.

Why doesn't Taylor :censored: off on a 2 year deal and just come back on a freebie once it's up? :naughty:

That wasn't the impression he gave

Never heard of the loyalty bonus. Besides, they didn't see out their contract did they? And they nearly all had clubs lined up. Should have been a straight free transfer.

I can understand the players wanting the pay difference to be met in full by Latics. If for instance Worthington was on £1300 here and Bradford offered him £700 for the rest of the season then we should be paying off the remaining £600. 22 weeks x £600 = £13200. Paying him anything more than that is inexcusable as far as I can see.

There are all sorts of bonuses and if a club wants you to cash up the contract, I'm sure the player will take exception to them saying you haven't completed your contract when the club wants them to leave. It wouldn't particularly matter if they had clubs lined up, if they weren't going to pay a fee for the players to release them from the contract, then the fact that they are now playing for other clubs is merely incidental, contractually anyway. I would also point out that a players salary may be say £1000 a week, but on top of that there are other costs such as NIC's so the true cost to a club is normally higher than the gross wage a player gets.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

There are all sorts of bonuses and if a club wants you to cash up the contract, I'm sure the player will take exception to them saying you haven't completed your contract when the club wants them to leave. It wouldn't particularly matter if they had clubs lined up, if they weren't going to pay a fee for the players to release them from the contract, then the fact that they are now playing for other clubs is merely incidental, contractually anyway. I would also point out that a players salary may be say £1000 a week, but on top of that there are other costs such as NIC's so the true cost to a club is normally higher than the gross wage a player gets.

Its a while ago now, but i found out the figure Michael Clegg got in his pay-off.......and it was £95K....because it included not only the basic wage, but also potential add-on's (win bonus / assist bonus / goal bonus), and a 'golden bye-bye' payment as he agreed to the pay-off.

If the players paid-off, Worthington et all, agreed similar deals, then i can well see the figures being in the region of tose stated of £30-40K.......

Its a while ago now, but i found out the figure Michael Clegg got in his pay-off.......and it was £95K....because it included not only the basic wage, but also potential add-on's (win bonus / assist bonus / goal bonus), and a 'golden bye-bye' payment as he agreed to the pay-off.

If the players paid-off, Worthington et all, agreed similar deals, then i can well see the figures being in the region of tose stated of £30-40K.......

I'm sorry, I just don't get this.

If that was the case, why not just let the feckers rot in the stiffs.

Surely no player can get a win bonus/goal bonus/assist bonus/appearance fee etc if they aren't playing?!

Player: What about my appearance bonus boss?

PD: Hahahahahahahahahaha!

:ranting:

If this is the case why didnt we send them out on loan offering to pay half or three quarters of there wage and then just release them in the summer when there contracts are up.

If worthington was on £1300 and we paid £975 of that over 22 weeks it would cost us £21450 without having to pay win, assist and goal bonus.

If this is the case why didnt we send them out on loan offering to pay half or three quarters of there wage and then just release them in the summer when there contracts are up.

If worthington was on £1300 and we paid £975 of that over 22 weeks it would cost us £21450 without having to pay win, assist and goal bonus.

Or better still tell them not to bother coming in at all. Let them sit at home getting fat rather than have them disrupting the other players. Mind you I can see that the other players could be affected by this approach even without their presence.