what a waste of tax payers money

boboafc

If you believe that you'll believe anything.

I might do as you suggest and buy some shares and see how far I get with my inquiries.

Read on, dear boy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/oct/26/standard-and-poors-outlook-uk-expert-views

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/21/AR2009052104401.html

I suppose the first article in the Guardian, a standard bearer for those who lean somewhat to the left, is all bollocks as well.

You are perfectly entitled to as a shareholder, totally different matter.

I've always got back the information as requested.

I'm still not having it. If either article said, "Britain will lose it's rating if anyone borrows a single penny more" I'd accept what you say. The fact is that the ratings agencies - who rated sub-prime mortgage assets as AAA, incidentally - were never going to drop us. A so-called debt crisis without the crisis part.

Those articles are interesting for another reason: the experts and ratings agencies, both of which never knowingly shy away from bull:censored:ting in favour of the Tories, lavished similar praise on Ireland's rapid retrenchment a couple of years ago, as did Boy George himself. Didn't turn out so well there did it?

I think I'm right in saying that since May 2010, and those glorious days of blowing smoke up Boy George's ricker, the UK has experienced two quarters of negative growth. Stable outlook indeed.

I'm still not having it. If either article said, "Britain will lose it's rating if anyone borrows a single penny more" I'd accept what you say. The fact is that the ratings agencies - who rated sub-prime mortgage assets as AAA, incidentally - were never going to drop us. A so-called debt crisis without the crisis part.

Those articles are interesting for another reason: the experts and ratings agencies, both of which never knowingly shy away from bull:censored:ting in favour of the Tories, lavished similar praise on Ireland's rapid retrenchment a couple of years ago, as did Boy George himself. Didn't turn out so well there did it?

I think I'm right in saying that since May 2010, and those glorious days of blowing smoke up Boy George's ricker, the UK has experienced two quarters of negative growth. Stable outlook indeed.

Are you saying both 'rags' are printing untruths?

I don't think anyone could accuse the Guardian of ever pleasuring Ossie!!! Surely their article would have made more of an effort to pour scorn on this report if there wasn't some accuracy or history in it.

However flawed the credit agencies forecasts have been in the past, they are still highly influential. Hence, there downgrading of Greece recently and the warnings of downgrading Spain and Portugal.

...all of which countries are constrained in terms of their use of certain important macroeconomic levers by membership of the euro.

I am indeed saying that every word of both those articles is nigh-on worthless. Fluff. Smoke. Arse hair. Teeth.

your opinion and entitlement.

So, why didn't the Guardian highlight the report as such, in their journalistic anti-coalition position? Something I would have expected that rabid-badger Polly Toynbee to rant about!!!

Edited by mikejh45

your opinion and entitlement.

So, why didn't the Guardian highlight the report as such, in their journalistic anti-coalition position? Something I would have expected that rabid-badger Polly Toynbee to rant about!!!

I frequently ask similar questions of the so-called Grauniad. They're only churnalists, I tell myself, and they're somebody's son or daughter.