New kit ?

We are due a new home kit for next season and instead of being palmed off with the usual poorly made copy of someone elses kit could we not look at an alternate supplier ? I dont mean the usual suspects carlotti carrbrini etc how about trying someone new and local .Why not approach the workwear suppliers Harpoon ? There local would probarbly be glad of the work produce good quality items would give us more input into design and could give us a unique kit ?

Worth investigting ?

Me and my brother were talking about this the other day. The standard of the club's shirts has dramatically worsened in recent times. The designs are boring and unoriginal and the quality is extremely poor (sponsors cracking/coming off after after a handful of washes). The club do listen to fans regarding colour schemes but when they do, they get it all wrong. The recent tangerine kit was clearly a half-assed effort - we asked for tangerine, they brought us an eye-stinging fluorescent orange that looked more at home on the hard shoulder of the M60.

Personally, I haven't bought a shirt since the Sparta blue back in the early '00s. My brother's stupid enough to buy nearly all new shirts and, time after time, he's massively disappointed. After noticing more than noticeable damage to his shirt after only a few days, he sent an email of complaint to Alan Hardy who, in fairness, offered him a replacement. My brother felt so embarrassed for the club that he turned the offer down. There's no way these these replica shirts are worth FORTY English pounds. I wear my dad's old red Umbro away shirt from the late 80's and that's lasted longer than any of my brother's recently purchased replicas.

Why can't we have kit designed by a well known, respectable, tried-and-test, good quality, professional manufacturer? It'd do wonders for the club's shoddy image and would, I'm convinced, increase all club shop sales. I'd definitely buy a replica shirt and I'd probably throw in a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a hoody. Why would I wanna walk around Oldham town centre in a pair of cheap, tacky, nylon Carbrini tracksuit bottoms? The town centre's chavvy enough as it is.

Stick to basics; plain royal blue home shirt, red or tangerine away kit by a decent manufacturer. Sales/image will increase no-end. Doesn't take a genius to work out.

Me and my brother were talking about this the other day. The standard of the club's shirts has dramatically worsened in recent times. The designs are boring and unoriginal and the quality is extremely poor (sponsors cracking/coming off after after a handful of washes). The club do listen to fans regarding colour schemes but when they do, they get it all wrong. The recent tangerine kit was clearly a half-assed effort - we asked for tangerine, they brought us an eye-stinging fluorescent orange that looked more at home on the hard shoulder of the M60.

Personally, I haven't bought a shirt since the Sparta blue back in the early '00s. My brother's stupid enough to buy nearly all new shirts and, time after time, he's massively disappointed. After noticing more than noticeable damage to his shirt after only a few days, he sent an email of complaint to Alan Hardy who, in fairness, offered him a replacement. My brother felt so embarrassed for the club that he turned the offer down. There's no way these these replica shirts are worth FORTY English pounds. I wear my dad's old red Umbro away shirt from the late 80's and that's lasted longer than any of my brother's recently purchased replicas.

Why can't we have kit designed by a well known, respectable, tried-and-test, good quality, professional manufacturer? It'd do wonders for the club's shoddy image and would, I'm convinced, increase all club shop sales. I'd definitely buy a replica shirt and I'd probably throw in a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a hoody. Why would I wanna walk around Oldham town centre in a pair of cheap, tacky, nylon Carbrini tracksuit bottoms? The town centre's chavvy enough as it is.

Stick to basics; plain royal blue home shirt, red or tangerine away kit by a decent manufacturer. Sales/image will increase no-end. Doesn't take a genius to work out.

Just stick Bovis on the front and we're sorted

but the problem is we would get an off the peg copy of a bigger clubs kit (remember how chelseas shirt was near identical 91-93) no big manufacturer is gonna give us a unique design we just arent big enough sales wise so if your happy to look like a chelsea ipswich or manure change strip wearer fine .Me would prèfer a unique design that stands out as OUR kit ! Home kit along the lines of our 1940-60s blue and white thirds away all tangerine third all white simples

but the problem is we would get an off the peg copy of a bigger clubs kit (remember how chelseas shirt was near identical 91-93) no big manufacturer is gonna give us a unique design we just arent big enough sales wise so if your happy to look like a chelsea ipswich or manure change strip wearer fine .Me would prèfer a unique design that stands out as OUR kit ! Home kit along the lines of our 1940-60s blue and white thirds away all tangerine third all white simples

I'd have a carbon copy Chelsea kit over a carbon copy Blackpool kit anyday. I understand where you're coming from with bringing a local manufacturer on board but they're not tried and tested - could turn out to be a massive marketing disaster and sales would be very similar to current.

Have a look at Stockport's online shop. Very smart, very sellable.

http://www.justsport-shop.com/cgi-bin/live...ress_header=yes

i think more training and match kits would be sold if it was by nike or adidas.

One of them get a rather large % of shirt sales i think.. can't remeber, Rochdale had nike few years back, think they've dropped them now, mate said they get a large % of shirt sales..

This seasons 3rd kit (the white one) is one of the best we've had for a while..

I once read the after cinema popcorn, football shirts were the most profitable items sold in the world (in terms of the % margin).

At £40 I won't buy one. If they were £20, I'd buy both home and away and I know others who'd do the same.

sell them at £20 and club wont make much profit

hahahaha

my dad thought he had bought an 'oldham t-shirt' for my nephew, turns out it was the third kit!!!!

:lol: terms of quality and the sponsor on it, its alot better than previous seasons where they peeled away, and it actually looks half decent..

Tangerine away kit next season again please.. anyway, my understanding is we have one year with Cabrini left?

If this is true i'd like to see the vote for the away kit back again!

This, the current away kit is alright but I would prefer to have a proper tangerine away kit next year.

Most of the carbrini shirts are identikits (our previous home kit to this was an identical design to bournemouths) and of very poor quality. FFs even Bradford have managed to strike a deal with nike which will include an individually designed shirt.

Profit margins arent everything at the end of the day. I agree that not only would we sell ALOT more training merchandice if it was made by Nike, Adidas or Umbro, but other retailers may be more likely to sell it, ie the JJB in Oldham etc.

Whilst the profit margins will probably be higher with the carbrini shirts, what is more important? Selling piss poor quality shirts and making a bit more money in the short term, or making a bit less but trying to increase awareness and the profile of the club by adopting a popular brand and getting as many Latics shirts out there as possible?

Most of the carbrini shirts are identikits (our previous home kit to this was an identical design to bournemouths) and of very poor quality. FFs even Bradford have managed to strike a deal with nike which will include an individually designed shirt.

Profit margins arent everything at the end of the day. I agree that not only would we sell ALOT more training merchandice if it was made by Nike, Adidas or Umbro, but other retailers may be more likely to sell it, ie the JJB in Oldham etc.

Whilst the profit margins will probably be higher with the carbrini shirts, what is more important? Selling piss poor quality shirts and making a bit more money in the short term, or making a bit less but trying to increase awareness and the profile of the club by adopting a popular brand and getting as many Latics shirts out there as possible?

but surley the profit would be the same because alot more people would buy the shirts.

but surley the profit would be the same because alot more people would buy the shirts.

Well theres no guarantee of that but I think we would sell more shirts. But if you can get as many shirts out there as possible (replica or training) it can only serve to increase awareness of the club and maybe result in a few more people attending matches.

Well theres no guarantee of that but I think we would sell more shirts. But if you can get as many shirts out there as possible (replica or training) it can only serve to increase awareness of the club and maybe result in a few more people attending matches.

i think it would raise the profile of the club a little too, more shirts and training kits more stores sell it. then there you go.