Relocation in Oldham

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WH Shaws is not owned by the Council. Its owned by Wiggett. Plus where's the motorway access / train or metrolink access?

Non-starter.

Has it cahnged since this then?

Did they swap it back or pull out?

Don;t get me wrong I am not bigging it p, on the inside track, or am certain in my head.

Diggle Communty association

Shaw’s up-date. Informed by the Parish Council, Governors of Saddleworth School and Building Schools for the Future at OMBC that the council has done a land swap deal with Wiggett Construction. The council now have ownership of the two front fields and the land to the right and plan to build the school in 2015.

Outline plan is that the School will be built on the two fields with sports facilities, an access road to be built to the left hand side, leading to the school and the back of the site.

There is however, much confusion in the council itself, many stating that a definite decision as to where the new school is to be built has not been reached. This fact has also been confirmed by a very senior person in Education.

No idea what Wiggett plans to do with the remaining part of the site.

Members not happy with this news, suggest executive need to lobby. Plan of action to be discussed at next Executive Meeting Committee will need extra assistance from members to lobby effectively.

The plans for a new Saddleworth school in Diggle were halted when the coalition axed the BSF funds last June. Not sure who owns the land now, or how big the whole site is, but P&R do use some of it for their warehouse facilities.

Transport links wouldn’t be good enough for football stadium and there would definitely be NIMBY opposition. Like Failsworth it would probably be opposed by some fans as the site would be at the far end of the borough.

Fine by me though :)