Congratulations to Shez and Chesterfield

Congratulations to Shez and all the ex-latics players and staff on their promotion to League 1 next season. Hoping we can get the better of them when we play them. Be great not to be going to Saltergate as well!

so looking forward to this fixture myself as its only 5 miles from where i live.. i hope they dont make it as midweek game

I was one of the more vocal people in the "Shez Out" brigade, and still feel that at the time it was right for him to go. He'd done his service, we were treading water under him. He needed to move on, the club needed to move on.

What was a mistake though, was appointing Royle and Dave Penis. We could have progressed as a club after Shez, but made the wrong appointment. Someone like Hill at Dale, or even Mark Robins (Rotherham) would have been a much better appointment, and affordable.

*I await moans of "We wouldnt have wanted Mark Robins, he scored against us in a semi final"*

I agree with that, the appointment of Royle was a terrible decision. Had a successor been brought in he could have used the remaining 9 games we had to properly evaluate the performance of the players in training and competitive games. Penney only had one game.

And to be fair to the board, Penney did have a very good record prior to coming here.

I am happy for Shez, it seems he has at long last learned from the mistakes he made here and improved as a manager.

FTFY :)

Sacking Moore was a close 2nd imo

TTA have made nothing but mistakes regarding the management of the club... and the fans haven't helped along the way either IMO...

Talbot useless...

Moore sacked too soon...

Shez sacked at the end of the season with a chance of promotion was simply moronic...

Penney useless...

Dickov was a good move... but now hardly any money for him to use which is a shame...

Edited by oafc0000

Appointing Penney was the biggest mistake ever, not sacking Shez.

Well there are so many to go at its like finding a needle in a haystack...

I know one thing, the sacking of Shez was the start of me losing the faith... What happened under Joe was embarrassing and drove the nail in deeper... Only ever watched one game under Penney so I suppose I will have to trust you on that...

Bury win at Chesterfield tomorrow and they also will be confirmed as up, that would deserve a much bigger congratulations what they have done this season at gigg lane has been nothing short of stunning

haven't they been up there for the last few seasons? theyve always been close i think but it looks like finally they might have got there like rochdale last season. find a good successor for knill and i don't see why they can't do well.