Failsworth gas works

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I eally can't see which cinema would want to build in Oldham at the moment given that alot of cinemas are struggling enough as it is, and that the cinemas in Rochdale/Ashton/Manchester are still probably very close to most Oldhamers.

Just hope this council administration are given a good 4 years or so to try to do something with the town. Switching back and forth from Labour to Lib Dem/Coalition/NOC councils wont do the town any good.

to be honest i cant see why any sane big buisness would want to invest anything in this :censored:hole of a town....but im glad there are still a few nutters willing to do so....can only be a good thing,the towns been crying out for it for years yet the powers that be sit on there hands...however i wouldnt pay £13 to watch a film....but as the great waynestock advisor says..."build it..and they will come"

to be honest i cant see why any sane big buisness would want to invest anything in this :censored:hole of a town....but im glad there are still a few nutters willing to do so....can only be a good thing,the towns been crying out for it for years yet the powers that be sit on there hands...however i wouldnt pay £13 to watch a film....but as the great waynestock advisor says..."build it..and they will come"

Would you pay that for free popcorn and pop as well?

I think £13 is the expensive end of the scale. Your only likely to pay anywhere near that for something like an imax 3d showing on opening day. Pretty safe to assume that any new cinema in Oldham won't have an imax screen. For a normal, non 3D showing in an evening you would be looking at 9-10 quid going off Odeon prices, or 11-12 quid for a 3D film.

Can't really see which chain would feel the need to open a cinema in Oldham. Vue have cinemas in Bury, Bolton, Salford Quays. Cineworld have branches in Ashton, South Manchester, Stockport,Odeon are in Manchester City Centre, Trafford Centre, Rochdale, and Showcase have a fairly big one in North Manchester.

So maybe one of the smaller one's like AMC or Empire cinemas?

I think £13 is the expensive end of the scale. Your only likely to pay anywhere near that for something like an imax 3d showing on opening day. Pretty safe to assume that any new cinema in Oldham won't have an imax screen. For a normal, non 3D showing in an evening you would be looking at 9-10 quid going off Odeon prices, or 11-12 quid for a 3D film.

Can't really see which chain would feel the need to open a cinema in Oldham. Vue have cinemas in Bury, Bolton, Salford Quays. Cineworld have branches in Ashton, South Manchester, Stockport,Odeon are in Manchester City Centre, Trafford Centre, Rochdale, and Showcase have a fairly big one in North Manchester.

So maybe one of the smaller one's like AMC or Empire cinemas?

Maybe we could go from none...to THREE!

I'd like a cinema that also took pride in none hollywood blockbuster films too

Edited by bensonio