Failsworth gas works

Was passing the roundabout were the Roxy used to be and saw the Labour MP 3 other people and a camara man, the MP was pointing to were the gas works was etc and explaining stuff to the other people with him.

Maybe stadium plans etc???????

No stadium - the Chron has the answers

cinema etc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well put it this way, if it is then the site is obviously a nogo. But like prozac said, with the evidence TTA have, they could take oldham council to the cleaners, and the last thing Jim Mcmahon wants is another high cost lawsuit on his hands, so its in their best interest to come up with something

oldham council havent got a pot to piss in,so if taken to the cleaners so to speak...how will mr corney and co get the cash??

first phase completed get the people back on side with the new facilitys then drop in the stadium news...sick n tired of all this woe is us lark...

Been tromping around the land behind seddon Atkinson again this morning. There is more than enough space there. It's not until u get in the middle of it u appreciate just how much. Would require a hell of a lot of :censored: shifting though, which would be a ridiculous amount of money, and possibly the real reason it's not been considered as a serious site, despite being perfect for metrolink.

Where ever we plan to get it, there's always going to be something stupid preventing it from actually happening.

:(

Their called NIMBYS :-)

But on the flipside you are always going to get some of the luddites from the Oldham fanbase blindly opposed to it because its not a stand by stand redevelopment of Boundary Park, even if it is a much more viable option

Don't think I've come across any Oldham-based Latics fans who have had a problem with leaving BP. It's the site of the new ground which they have been concerned about - which is totally understandable, and would be the same with fans of any club. You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder about Latics fans and the town - I suggest you get out a bit and you might just see that people are pretty much the same wherever they live, and whichever football club they follow.

Edited by Yard Dog

No stadium - the Chron has the answers

cinema etc

the council man my dad spoke to said this would happen the picture's bowling alley then next to come the stadium all in the same area kaskenmoor is were the stadium will be i used to go to kaskenmoor school and there is allot of land.

Don't think I've come across any Oldham-based Latics fans who have had a problem with leaving BP. It's the site of the new ground which they have been concerned about - which is totally understandable, and would be the same with fans of any club. You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder about Latics fans and the town - I suggest you get out a bit and you might just see that people are pretty much the same wherever they live, and whichever football club they follow.

I have come across plenty though Yard Dog, hence the reason for the chip on the old shoulder with our fans, which I won't deny. That chip has grown after witnessing the constant berating of players at games, downright unrealistic expectations, maybe 12 months of sitting in the main stand took its toll.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

I have come across plenty though Yard Dog, hence the reason for the chip on the old shoulder with our fans, which I won't deny. That chip has grown after witnessing the constant berating of players at games, downright unrealistic expectations, maybe 12 months of sitting in the main stand took its toll.

I've just voted this post up by mistake - as a mod, can you cancel my vote :wink: as I think you need to understand that overall our lot are no worse or better than most.

After witnessing the crap that's been served up to us over the last few years, we're fortunate to have ANY fans left. As far as I see it, those fans that voice a pessimistic opinion do so because they care considerably whether we're making the right decisions this time, after years of commercial and tactical naivete.

Those who questioned moving to Failsworth might just have been thinking logically, with real concerns over whether it would work financially, rather than berating the club for moving out of a ground they feel at home in.

If they're still here, still going to matches, and still questioning every decision, then surely that means they care?

There were quite a few against Sportpark 2000 when it was being moved 5 yards away.

After witnessing the crap that's been served up to us over the last few years, we're fortunate to have ANY fans left. As far as I see it, those fans that voice a pessimistic opinion do so because they care considerably whether we're making the right decisions this time, after years of commercial and tactical naivete.

Those who questioned moving to Failsworth might just have been thinking logically, with real concerns over whether it would work financially, rather than berating the club for moving out of a ground they feel at home in.

If they're still here, still going to matches, and still questioning every decision, then surely that means they care?

Though that could be the case for some, a lot of people don't like change.

Though that could be the case for some, a lot of people don't like change.

That may very well be the case JLF, but I think the blanket is too often thrown over all our fans who have the nerve to question Boardroom or Manager's decisions, and not just those few who steadfastly refuse to accept change is needed.

That may very well be the case JLF, but I think the blanket is too often thrown over all our fans who have the nerve to question Boardroom or Manager's decisions, and not just those few who steadfastly refuse to accept change is needed.

I'm not sure how a blanket has been chucked over anyone, I have seen people offering different opinions though. The two are not the same.

Not what I've heard…and there's the Nimby problem near the school and the fact there's a school and municipal sports facilities remaining on the site.

And then there is the extended family of Mole’s that live there. Facilities will need to be provided for their warrens, or whatever you call mole houses? With the pitch being the conservationist favoured Mole friendly spot. The Nimby's will helpfully point out that the Mole's will only be a problem on night matches. I won’t believe anything until I see the team walking out somewhere for the first home game. Probabably led by manager Chris Taylor and his just retired assistant Matty D Carr.

I dont know how well a cinema from a big group will do in Oldham given that if you pay for a top seat and showing you can pay £12-13 in some cinemas....but well done in finally getting the ball rolling*. *until the liberals get back in and scrap the scheme....

I dont know how well a cinema from a big group will do in Oldham given that if you pay for a top seat and showing you can pay £12-13 in some cinemas....but well done in finally getting the ball rolling*. *until the liberals get back in and scrap the scheme....

I eally can't see which cinema would want to build in Oldham at the moment given that alot of cinemas are struggling enough as it is, and that the cinemas in Rochdale/Ashton/Manchester are still probably very close to most Oldhamers.

Just hope this council administration are given a good 4 years or so to try to do something with the town. Switching back and forth from Labour to Lib Dem/Coalition/NOC councils wont do the town any good.

get it right there BANANAs

Build

Absoloutly

Nothing

Anywhere

Not

Allowed

A couple of weeks ago, I watched a programme on a proposed windfarm which had been held up for several years by the various diplomatic processes allowing those who objected to it, having their say. At the end when the windfarm was finally given the go ahead, the wife of the leading objector said, whilst crying her little eyes out "just goes to show that people power and democracy doesn't work".

Since bloody when has democracy meant an individual getting their own way love?