Failsworth gas works

Was passing the roundabout were the Roxy used to be and saw the Labour MP 3 other people and a camara man, the MP was pointing to were the gas works was etc and explaining stuff to the other people with him.

Maybe stadium plans etc???????

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was passing the roundabout were the Roxy used to be and saw the Labour MP 3 other people and a camara man, the MP was pointing to were the gas works was etc and explaining stuff to the other people with him.

Maybe stadium plans etc???????

Nope, new cinema and Bowling alley. offices etc… announced in this week's Oldham Advertiser

it's a pretty big site, depends what the clubs council's plans are.

FIFY

Depends how generous McMahon is feeling, depends whether he wants to inherit another Vance Millar :censored:-storm ….the ball I believe is firmly in their court….but the evidence against the council I believe is pretty damning….

Edited by oafcprozac

FIFY

Depends how generous McMahon is feeling, depends whether he wants to inherit another Vance Millar :censored:-storm ….the ball I believe is firmly in their court….but the evidence against the council I believe is pretty damning….

what evidence are you refering too?

what evidence are you refering too?

The evidence that the club were given assurances by both the council and a top-level barrister which the council employed significant cost to themselves. The advice he gave was that the Charity Commission route was absolutely the right thing to do and a formality in getting a positive ruling on the land's availability for development. This despite the club's protestations that the CC route wasn't needed after taking their own advice. The club wanted to be seen to do the right thing after the Oldham Arena delays and ensuing fiasco so went down the CC route, the club was mis-informed at every turn and the council monumentally fooked the application up after failing to provide the commission with a robust case. Pretty damning.. the council are :censored:ting themselves….they have to come up with a plan or Corney and co, can and will take them to the cleaners….

Edited by oafcprozac

The evidence that the club were given assurances by both the council and a top-level barrister the council employed significant cost, that the Charity Commission route was absolutely the right thing to do and a formality, Despite the club's protestations that the CC route wasn't needed after taking their own advice. The club wanted to be seen to do the right thing after the Oldham Arena delays and ensuing fiasco so went down the CC route, the club was mis-informed at every turn and the council monumentally fooked the application up after failing to provide the commission with a robust case. Pretty damning.. the council are :censored:ting themselves….they have to come up with a plan or Corney and co, can and will take them to the cleaners….

oh thanks for that :grin:

Kaskenmoor would be an extremely tight fit for 10,000+ capacity stadium. Couple that with the fact that an £8m newly completed school would need relocating, there would be massive opposition from a large number of homes that the ground would be right on top of, and the nightmare it would cause to local traffic, then the council have got one hell of a difficult task to relocate Latics there.

Kaskenmoor would be an extremely tight fit for 10,000+ capacity stadium. Couple that with the fact that an £8m newly completed school would need relocating, there would be massive opposition from a large number of homes that the ground would be right on top of, and the nightmare it would cause to local traffic, then the council have got one hell of a difficult task to relocate Latics there.

But the actual site is in all honesty probably a little bit bigger than the site which Boundary Park lies on.

I thought the Newbridge part was being extended? Loads of money going into that place?

Well put it this way, if it is then the site is obviously a nogo. But like prozac said, with the evidence TTA have, they could take oldham council to the cleaners, and the last thing Jim Mcmahon wants is another high cost lawsuit on his hands, so its in their best interest to come up with something

I know about Kaskenmoor, I heard newbridge were moving to the new site of oasis academy with them

The staff are unaware if this is the case.

After only 5 years into a £8 million investment on a new build - I think this would be very unlikely and extremely costly should it ever go ahead.