Watson v Purdy link

i think i went to Helter Skelter at the sanctuary twice, when i was about 17 around 95 the same time we where going to Donny warehouse nearly every week, got into gabba for a while going to a club called steam in Rhyl (which was a top club, with a balcony looking over the sea)

then it was house/trance all the way till about 2002 cream (nearly every other week) golden, sankeys, ministry of sound, creamfields (twice) love parade

best years of my life up to yet the house/trance years

We were probably at a lot of the same nights then....Cream @ Nation quite a lot 99 - 01/02, Creamfields x 2, a few Cream NYE inc 2000 at Pierhead, Leeds Love Parade and Newcastle Love Parade, Godskitchen in Brum and Leeds Town Hall, Gatecrasher (Sheffield and NEC, Brum), Golden @ Void in Stoke and their events in Mcr (some place off Oxford Rd ?), Sankys, plus other lesser-known clubs in Blackpool, Halifax (Tube?), Bolton (that :censored: one where Nigel Benn played?), Nottingham...never been MOS though.

Thinking about coming out of retirement for Armin at Warehouse Project 30th Sept. She'd go mad, though !

We were probably at a lot of the same nights then....Cream @ Nation quite a lot 99 - 01/02, Creamfields x 2, a few Cream NYE inc 2000 at Pierhead, Leeds Love Parade and Newcastle Love Parade, Godskitchen in Brum and Leeds Town Hall, Gatecrasher (Sheffield and NEC, Brum), Golden @ Void in Stoke and their events in Mcr (some place off Oxford Rd ?), Sankys, plus other lesser-known clubs in Blackpool, Halifax (Tube?), Bolton (that :censored: one where Nigel Benn played?), Nottingham...never been MOS though.

Thinking about coming out of retirement for Armin at Warehouse Project 30th Sept. She'd go mad, though !

yeh we got stuck in Bolton when our minibus didnt turn up one night, cant remember what it was called, i remember going to Southport one year, like a mini love parade but nowhere near the scale of roundhay park :grin: didnt go to the cream NYE ones didnt fancy paying the price, ended up in nemesis in Rochdale instead :blink:

ministry was after Millwall away when they won the league 2001 i think, i think Bournemouth away was in the same season and we ended up in Slinky

i thought golden was a top club, nice and small, wasnt John Kelly residant there?

Can't remember who was resident at Golden. But John Kelly is one of my favourite DJs and I have his Slinky Resident cd. When we were in Ibiza in 2001 my mate got chatting to him at some bar in San An....got a photo with him and he signed his passport. That was the first DJ to sign the passport...11 years later and pretty much every Trance DJ you can think of has signed it.

IIRC, John Kelly is a Scouser and a proper wreck-head.

Can't remember who was resident at Golden. But John Kelly is one of my favourite DJs and I have his Slinky Resident cd. When we were in Ibiza in 2001 my mate got chatting to him at some bar in San An....got a photo with him and he signed his passport. That was the first DJ to sign the passport...11 years later and pretty much every Trance DJ you can think of has signed it.

IIRC, John Kelly is a Scouser and a proper wreck-head.

scouser yeh, he opened a club with James Barton in Liverpool before he opened Cream

when i think of John Kelly i think of Golden for some reason, top drawer Kelly

• 2 weeks later...

Missed the fight, anyone know a good place to get the highlights up?

Have a look at YouTube or Hatton's own wesbite, mate. To be honest, it wasn't a great fight though. HattonTV's live coverage on YouTube that night was top drawer though - really impressed. Good quality, good camera angle and lighting, decent commentator and pundit and the stream only went down once (for about a minute). The atmosphere sounded good - good advert for Oldham, on the live YouTube stream there was a chatbox at the side and people from all around the world were watching it. I believe it was the first free youtube live stream of a boxing event in Britain.

Edited by Yard Dog