Quiet on here today

Dickov is going for a smaller squad with more quality.

We've got Tarkowski and Carr as backup already. If M'Voto or Diamond are injured/suspended along with Tarkowski then that's the time to bring a player in on loan. Throughout the season Dickov and Taggart should be always looking at possible players to bring in and when the times comes bring that player in.

Bring someone in now and there's a high chance all this player will be doing is warming the bench and playing the odd reserve game, a waste of a wage when we already have players in the squad doing that now.

agree, and its not till much later that the suspension start to kick in.

Saying that I would go for a CB as the trasnfer window shuts.

Dickov is going for a smaller squad with more quality.

Exactly. And he said this in response to our collapse in the second half of last season. In other words the players who were immediate backups to the players who were injured/suspended were not good enough.

We've got Tarkowski and Carr as backup already.

Not the quality/experienced backup we need though

If M'Voto or Diamond are injured/suspended along with Tarkowski then that's the time to bring a player in on loan.

Getting experienced quality cover for centre back in at short notice is not easy. We need someone extra in now who can fill the boots of our main two when the inevitable injuries and suspensions occur.

Bring someone in now and there's a high chance all this player will be doing is warming the bench and playing the odd reserve game, a waste of a wage when we already have players in the squad doing that now.

That is the nature of having the quality backup that Dickov says he wants. Some good players will end up bench warming for a time. If this was any other position I'm sure he would be alot happier. But PD knows that CB is not a position he wants to be forced to throw the kids into, no matter how promising they may be.

I expect if Hazell had stayed we still would have signed Diamond.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

So we pay the wages for a good quality cb who we dont think might play and take the money from what we could be using to pay Happiness Gladstone Goalpoacher with? Either yay you take a chance, we might get lucky and have the defenders fit and on form the whole season, we might get lucky and get top class cover in if not. If we spread ourselves too thin we are guaranteed a :censored: season.

Exactly. And he said this in response to our collapse in the second half of last season. In other words the players who were immediate backups to the players who were injured/suspended were not good enough.

Not the quality/experienced backup we need though

Getting experienced quality cover for centre back in at short notice is not easy. We need someone extra in now who can fill the boots of our main two when the inevitable injuries and suspensions occur.

That is the nature of having the quality backup that Dickov says he wants. Some good players will end up bench warming for a time. If this was any other position I'm sure he would be alot happier. But PD knows that CB is not a position he wants to be forced to throw the kids into, no matter how promising they may be.

I expect if Hazell had stayed we still would have signed Diamond.

seasons not even started yet and were talking suspensions and injuries biting already!!!...

there are still a lot of players not fixed up with clubs...we dont know how many players dickov has got in on trial or has invited for trials,this will continue throughout preseason and i imagine into first few months of season....why spend money now when you dont need to,just to placate the few who want us to...keep the money safe until needed,unless we have a calamatous friendly with 6 or 7 players going down.....