New Season upon us

Morning all! Hope everyone is having a great summer!!! ( mine has been ok other than the incompatent builders drilling outside my house every morning at 8am! Clearly not respecting that I am in the process of my 6 weeks holidays!! :grin: )

Not posted on here for a very long time and I have chosen not to get dragged into any " Latics talk" over the summer. Instead opting to sit back and reserve my " maybe not so correct thoughts "

Lack of transfer activity at the club this summer is worrying, however just a bigger shout from the club that we have no money!! PLeased to see the club managed to sign MVoto, Morais and tie Kieran Lee to a new contract. Also heard very good things about Zander ad Matt SMith.

I think PD was right to get rid of dead wood...i.e Dean Brill and R.Hazell ( the later who I thought was a very good servant to the club, and I do think as the season goes on, we may miss a certain Mr Hazell.)

Seems PD is quite pleased with how pre-season has gone but from his interviews it seems very clear to me that PD isn't expecting too much from his small squad. I think we have a strong enough startin 11 to compete and hold our own in this league, but when I look at the bench, I dont feel to confident at all. I do worry for this team if a few injuries his us and we dont get off to a decent start. August is a big month, a few local derby's and a real chance to get the crowds in and behind us for the season.

Conclusion- short but sweet..........I'm hoping Mvoto and Zander stay fit, Matt Smith can get us 12 goals and i'd gladly settle for 17th place!

Hope for a bumper crowd tomorrow, lets get behind PD and the boys in blue!!

Ciask

Lee

Mvoto

Diamond

Black

Taylor

Lund

Furman

Reid

SMith

Morais (is he suspended?)

KTF!

I agree with Pukka expect Reid will start instead of Winchester, oh and reid has a fair few league goals during his time at Rotherham

I think the 11 is not that bad at all

Again impressed with how Dickov has worked in the market and a lot of credit should go to his back room staff and scouting team

I agree with Pukka expect Reid will start instead of Winchester, oh and reid has a fair few league goals during his time at Rotherham

Again impressed with how Dickov has worked in the market and a lot of credit should go to his back room staff and scouting team

Agree

Team picks itself?

Cisak - Lee, MVoto, Diamond, Black - Parker, Furman, Lund, Taylor - Reid, Smith B)

I left reid out to emphasise the point really.

Agree

Team picks itself?

Cisak - Lee, MVoto, Diamond, Black - Parker, Furman, Lund, Taylor - Reid, Smith B)

It does really when Morais is available. Tomorrow will have a surprise; namely who plays wide right.

You have Josh parker down as playing there in that line-up right? I think Winchester has a chance of starting in that role; with parker to come from the bench to switch up the strike force if needed. other than that; it's obvious really isn't it?

Edited by slystallone