Text alerts

at least they would make the runs for the midfield to try and find..

Maybe but we lost Saturday's game in midfield, Sheff Utd kept the ball better and made runs from deep. We were scared to pass the halfway line. Unless he sorts the midfield out and quick, I expect the run of Oldham nils to continue. This :censored: run goes back to February but people think because its a new season everything will be reet despite the midfield being even weaker than it was last season. I'm very uncomfortable with Dickov being happy to wait until the very last minute to boost his squad when he's had all summer, then we'll have to wait for the players to integrate. (all which should be done in pre-season) I wonder how people will feel if we're preparing for the Huddersfield game P5 L5?

Talbot pissed about like this, going into a season with no midfield and it nearly ended in relegation…..including Saturday that's 2 wins in 20 and we've failed to score in 13 scoring only 9 goals in those, as I've said all summer, I expected the poor run to continue and yes there were little glimpses on Saturday but we created hardly anything in open play and it seems our Plan A, B and C again will be to hope that Taylor or Morais wins the game on their own…..

Edited by oafcprozac

Agree , however just 1 example springs to mind in the second half . Winchester was bombing forward on the break looking for options , Reid was static and stood behind a defender, Smith had pulled far to far out left and suddenly Winchester was left with nothing , Winchester lost it and Reid bollocked him , Frustrating isnt the word :ranting:

Agree , however just 1 example springs to mind in the second half . Winchester was bombing forward on the break looking for options , Reid was static and stood behind a defender, Smith had pulled far to far out left and suddenly Winchester was left with nothing , Winchester lost it and Reid bollocked him , Frustrating isnt the word :ranting:

Rather than play Lund I'd prefer Winchester in there, he's got real energy, snappy in the tackle and is a genuine box to box player. Yes he's svelte in physique and is being protected by playing wide and at FB, but he will end up in CM and would be the perfect foil to allow Furman to remove those restrictive shackles that are stifling his influence on the game.

Edited by oafcprozac

Rather than play Lund I'd prefer Winchester in there, he's got real energy, snappy in the tackle and is a genuine box to box player. yes he's svelte in physique and is being protected ny playing wide and at FB, but he will ned up in CM and would be the perfect foil to allow Furman to remove those restrictive shackles that are stifling his influence on the game.

In addition, young Burns has impressed me for the ressies and yoofs this summer playing in a holding role….if we're going to play kids let's stop pissing about and play our own?

Rather than play Lund I'd prefer Winchester in there, he's got real energy, snappy in the tackle and is a genuine box to box player. yes he's svelte in physique and is being protected ny playing wide and at FB, but he will ned up in CM and would be the perfect foil to allow Furman to remove those restrictive shackles that are stifling his influence on the game.

And the lad has a shot on him, as he shown vs MK.

As for his Physique, didn't do Daz Sheridan any harm being a short arse, or Claude Makelele

From Twitter

Matt_chambers_ Matt Chambers

by mikekeeganmen

Dickov said at this morning's press conference he hopes to have two new players in for tomorrow, c midfielder and striker #oafc

I wouldn't get your hopes up because I'm pretty sure there was a rumour like this a few weeks ago. And who did we get? No one.

Marc de val Fernandez would be a great signing for cm, he's calm and composed on the ball and would slot in with furman perfectly.

Fingers crossed

Maybe but we lost Saturday's game in midfield, Sheff Utd kept the ball better and made runs from deep. We were scared to pass the halfway line. Unless he sorts the midfield out and quick, I expect the run of Oldham nils to continue. This :censored: run goes back to February but people think because its a new season everything will be reet despite the midfield being even weaker than it was last season. I'm very uncomfortable with Dickov being happy to wait until the very last minute to boost his squad when he's had all summer, then we'll have to wait for the players to integrate. (all which should be done in pre-season) I wonder how people will feel if we're preparing for the Huddersfield game P5 L5?

Talbot pissed about like this, going into a season with no midfield

it seems to me he has the choice of signing lesser quality players pre season on the money we're offering or gambling on picking up better quality players who haven't got fixed up elsewhere and are, therefore, willing to accept lower wages once the season has started.

Another thing that bothered me on sat was that Taylor was the only one willing to run at the defence. I remember him running down the left a few times and either laying it off to black or getting the ball into the box. A few times Winchester/Millar had the ball on the right and loads of space to bomb forward but they hesitated and defenders caught up with them. Maybe it's because they are young. I know Morais won't be afraid to run with the ball like that.

it seems to me he has the choice of signing lesser quality players pre season on the money we're offering or gambling on picking up better quality players who haven't got fixed up elsewhere and are, therefore, willing to accept lower wages once the season has started.

That's the problem though Harry, gambles don't always come off. Every team needs a couple of Steady Eddies or Plodders in the squad, I've said all summer PD has set his sights too high given his budget, whilst it's admirable he is beginning to look a fool given the amount of statements he has made about players coming in, yet very little has materialised. I hope he proves me wrong and brings this quality in….

15 players left the club over the summer, we've brought 5 in and promoted a couple of kids. If injuries are taken into account we have 17 fit players at the moment….

Edited by oafcprozac