Now the season is over...

the inquest can begin.

Just kidding

One thing that seems to be repeated is the fact that the second halves are a lot worse than the first.

prozac - can you confirm if this is my imagination or a feature of the run of 24 games or whatever it is now.

the inquest can begin.

Just kidding

One thing that seems to be repeated is the fact that the second halves are a lot worse than the first.

prozac - can you confirm if this is my imagination or a feature of the run of 24 games or whatever it is now.

Absolutely spot on Singe, for some reason we keep perfoming first half and not second.

Happened Saturday and actually twice last night.

Carlisle were all over us second half but then first half of ET we turned the tables and had all the pressure, only for second half them to have all the posession and chances again.

Very worrying.

As I've said in other posts......

The half-time re-assessment by the opposition mangers is proving crucial - they are observing our weaknesses (narrow midfield, (potentially) weak fullbacks, no cohesion in front two) and half-time gives their manager the opportunity to change their tactics/formation and exploit those weaknesses.

Why don't we do the same? I know there is the view that we should play our game and let the opposition worry about us but sometimes you have to adapt to the opposition.

Absolutely spot on Singe, for some reason we keep perfoming first half and not second.

Happened Saturday and actually twice last night.

Carlisle were all over us second half but then first half of ET we turned the tables and had all the pressure, only for second half them to have all the posession and chances again.

Very worrying.

My dad has said for at least 5 or 6 seasons at least. Lots of play at RRE in first half (attacking) and lots of play at RRE in second half (defending)...

As I've said in other posts......

The half-time re-assessment by the opposition mangers is proving crucial - they are observing our weaknesses (narrow midfield, (potentially) weak fullbacks, no cohesion in front two) and half-time gives their manager the opportunity to change their tactics/formation and exploit those weaknesses.

Why don't we do the same? I know there is the view that we should play our game and let the opposition worry about us but sometimes you have to adapt to the opposition.

I agree. Last night Carlisle changed their formation at HT, putting in a wide man and putting pressure on our full backs, instead of going through the crowded midfield which proved ineffective in the first half. For Dickov, the first half went well so there was no need to change, so the message was just carry on doing the same. What we aren't good at, and this may be a reflection on Dickov's inexperience and our threadbare squad, is to counter opposition's change of formation or tactic, so we end up being rolled over.