orient want the Olympic Stadium!

the original plan was to scale the stadium down (costing even more to the taxpayer than building the white elephant in the first place) to be a 25000 seater with running track. I presume Orient's interest would be in that plan being brought back into play. If West Ham get it then it'd be scaled down to 60000 seats (dont think that involves altering the building too much). Tottenham are, I think I'm correct in saying, now completely out of the running as it's staying in public hands and will have to have a running track which was never part of Spurs plan

The Orient fanbase will still be rattling around in there with huge empty spaces mind you but 25k wont be so drastic.

i'd imagine its as much about fighting West Ham from getting on Orient's patch as anything.

That's what Hearn says - and he's got a point.

The figures being bandied around at the moment suggest that West Ham would pay £2 million a year in rent. The stadium cost £500 million to build. Go figure.

Orient are getting shafted by this either way. The equivalent might be Citeh moving to New Moston (or Oldham moving to Failsworth, nacht).

Isn't the Olympic stadium within spitting distance of Orient's current ground? If Spuds or the Hammers move there they might as well just shutdown Orient, they've no chance of surviving.

Let Orient have the ground rather than make them either move or go to the wall. Spurs and West Ham are just looking for an easy option to get a new ground.