Ex-Latics boss to manage England when Capello goes?

He's also ex-Burton Albion boss. The Brewers' Chairman Ben Robinson, once said: 'He's totally dedicated, a fiery character, determined, great motivator, a professional. Although he was part-time with us, he would think nothing of driving somewhere at 11pm to sign a player. He was outspoken, certainly, and occasionally would come into conflict with officials. But, generally, he was a bouncy, effervescent character, and that rubbed off on people. He was a great ambassador for the club.'

In the Isle of Man in '97, he was prepared to let the Latics fans take the penalties in a shoot-out (the fans had won every half-time shoot-out all week) but the ref wouldn't allow it. :disappointed:

He had a fruit-and-veg stall in Sheffield market, and perhaps that's why some think his comments are sour grapes. He's also a qualified chiropodist. so he could look after the England players' feet, especially those known for putting their foot in it.

He could be the next Mike Bassett! :grin:

He's also ex-Burton Albion boss. The Brewers' Chairman Ben Robinson, once said: 'He's totally dedicated, a fiery character, determined, great motivator, a professional. Although he was part-time with us, he would think nothing of driving somewhere at 11pm to sign a player. He was outspoken, certainly, and occasionally would come into conflict with officials. But, generally, he was a bouncy, effervescent character, and that rubbed off on people. He was a great ambassador for the club.'

In the Isle of Man in '97, he was prepared to let the Latics fans take the penalties in a shoot-out (the fans had won every half-time shoot-out all week) but the ref wouldn't allow it. :disappointed:

He had a fruit-and-veg stall in Sheffield market, and perhaps that's why some think his comments are sour grapes. He's also a qualified chiropodist. so he could look after the England players' feet, especially those known for putting their foot in it.

He could be the next Mike Bassett! :grin:

The FA would never ever consider giving Colin the job. They want a 'yes' man who will do what he is told to do no questions asked, and that certainly isnt him. It doesnt matter who the England manager is, until the players start giving a toss, it wouldnt matter who the manager is. Its a thankless, poison challice of a job!

Its a thankless, poison challice of a job!

Dunno. I'd quite happily sit on a 5 year, £4m per year contract in exchange for copping for a bi-monthly dose of red top written abuse. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Not only that, but as soon as you leave you still get several pops at highly-paid management jobs elsewhere before it dawns on everyone that you're actually quite :censored:. By all that time you're as :censored:ing loaded as Mick Jagger.

To be honest, if for some reason Redknapp doesn't get it, we may as well. I know they've home with the chest-thumping England-till-I-die appointments before with Keegan, which didn't work out well but the costly appointments of Cappello and Eriksson haven't brought success either. I have no problem with them going for Redknapp, Colin and Barry Fry in that order.

To be honest, if for some reason Redknapp doesn't get it, we may as well. I know they've home with the chest-thumping England-till-I-die appointments before with Keegan, which didn't work out well but the costly appointments of Cappello and Eriksson haven't brought success either. I have no problem with them going for Redknapp, Colin and Barry Fry in that order.

Fook it; give it Holloway. At least the football would be entertaining and the interviews would make quality viewing......