ITV highlights

What was their goalie on?

And as for Kuqi's second pen, how bad was that? Kuqi out.

Prozac - you can be the one to tell him!

Strangely enough I thought Kuqi had his best half for weeks in the first-half yesterday, was involved in everything, although I think the missed pen will have done nothing to lighten Thursday's dark mood…but 11 goals already in 15 is some start to his Latics career.

That was our 8th penalty already this season and shows we are forcing opposition players to commit in the box, it also shows that we are willing to go at defenders in the right areas. Now if only Taylor and Morais could learn to stop running down blind-alleys. That's why Simpson has done so well - there is invariably a shot or cross at the end of his run, rather than over-running it, losing it or being crowded out like messrs #7 & 18...

One thing that annoyed me there was Taylor sprinting up to the ref for the first penalty. The ref had already given it, which suggests to me that Taylor was asking for a red to be shown. I don't like to see that.

Taylor started it. Three or four of our players joined in.

Was slightly surprised that the keeper wasn't booked on the second pen - that was a brainless tackle.

The ref got his big decsions right, but was possibly the poorest user of the advantage laws I've ever seen!

One thing that annoyed me there was Taylor sprinting up to the ref for the first penalty. The ref had already given it, which suggests to me that Taylor was asking for a red to be shown. I don't like to see that.

Chris Taylor is rapidly becoming a prize cock! If he put the energy he wastes bleating and whinging at the officials all game into getting at the opposition full back he'd be up there with Lionel Messi! FFS Chris, give it a rest 'cos it's getting really boring :ranting:

Looking at it again I think Taylor is running up to the ref before he gives it but he keeps going after it has already been given. I'm annoyed about the imaginary brandishing of cards (or the equivalent) but in some ways its part of the game and if an Oldham player doing it gives us an advantage then perhaps I don't care. It is up to the officials and rule-makers to clamp down on it, making it an automatic yellow card would soon do it.

in some ways its part of the game and if an Oldham player doing it gives us an advantage then perhaps I don't care.

I can't agree with you here. If any of my teammates on a Sunday do it they get an earful, same goes for Oldham players. There's no need for it.

It is up to the officials and rule-makers to clamp down on it, making it an automatic yellow card would soon do it.

I definitely agree with this though. Get 'em in the book.

Strangely enough I thought Kuqi had his best half for weeks in the first-half yesterday, was involved in everything, although I think the missed pen will have done nothing to lighten Thursday's dark mood…but 11 goals already in 15 is some start to his Latics career.

Incident in the first half summed his attitude up. He was through on goal, the keeper put it out for a corner, and he kicked the turf cos he was pissed off that he hadn't taken it past him and scored. We were 3-0 up at the time. :lol: He was superb first half (saved pen aside), he was getting double/triple-marked and was just running straight through them.