Play off's 2012

Looking at the league table this afternoon it's gonna take some barnstorrming second half to the season to entertain that notion. Even then at best we are looking to snatch 6th spot. Hudd's in 5th are a massive 13 points ahead of us so realistically it's 6th spot and nothing else. Our consistency says it's beyond us but we have to believe and hope to stick together 5/6 back to back wins. We have to go to both Sheff clubs and Hudds away yet so it's a tough ask. Will we keep our better players for next season and be able to add to them should we fail?

There's only one place up for grabs and we're not good enough for it.

Only beaten two sides higher than us all season.

We need a third central midfielder to cover Furman and Weso (tough tackler, rather than the lightweight Adeyemi). Winchester may be that man.

We need a left back who is better than Black (sorry Paul).

We need Kuqi to get back in the groove.

We need centre halves with more awareness. I don't think Diamond or Clarke are quite good enough to have us competing at the top end of the table.

10 sides after that one place. I hope we give it a real go, but I just don't think we've quite got it in us.

We need a third central midfielder to cover Furman and Weso (tough tackler, rather than the lightweight Adeyemi). Winchester may be that man.

We need centre halves with more awareness. I don't think Diamond or Clarke are quite good enough to have us competing at the top end of the table.

10 sides after that one place. I hope we give it a real go, but I just don't think we've quite got it in us.

I`m unsure about Winchester,but he`s a young lad & only played in a handful of games so will only get better.As for Paul Black,he`s clearly not up to the standard required and needs replacing at the end of this season,harsh but fair I think.IMO Diamond & Clarke are capable L1 centre halves but neither of them are commanding with an air of assurance,say for example the way Gregan was.Reallistically though given our budget we`re unlikely to get someone in much better.I`d be looking at the likes of Michalik at Carlisle at the end of this season,who is one of several of their players out of contract.

I`m unsure about Winchester,but he`s a young lad & only played in a handful of games so will only get better.As for Paul Black,he`s clearly not up to the standard required and needs replacing at the end of this season,harsh but fair I think.IMO Diamond & Clarke are capable L1 centre halves but neither of them are commanding with an air of assurance,say for example the way Gregan was.Reallistically though given our budget we`re unlikely to get someone in much better.I`d be looking at the likes of Michalik at Carlisle at the end of this season,who is one of several of their players out of contract.

Not looked, but if Matty Robson is one of the out-of-contract lot; I would bloody love us to make a move for him.

Would give options all along the left side, and could fill the gap at LB or LM with ease.

Not looked, but if Matty Robson is one of the out-of-contract lot; I would bloody love us to make a move for him.

Would give options all along the left side, and could fill the gap at LB or LM with ease.

Robson always seems to have a good game against us espec when he was at Hartlepool.My Carlisle supporting mate reckons he`s had a poor season this year though.They`re cacking their pants at the moment as most of their better players are out of contract at the end of this season,similarly to ours in Furman,Lee,Taylor & Wes.

Realistically, did anyone really think we would be? We're pushing above our weight where we are considering our budget and attendances, which are worse than a lot of League 2 clubs. I said at the start of the season i'd be more than happy finishing mid-table with a cup run or two.

If we did scrape a play-off place, which is unlikely but not impossible, Dickov would be manager of the season, easily.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

Winchester is more lightweight than Adeyemi.

You reckon?

From what I've seen he's got a lot more bite in the tackle.

Still, early days in his career.

Aye, Winchester looked like he got shrugged of the ball quite easily and didn't win that many aerial challenges. He's got ability no question about it, but he certainly isn't a tough tackling centre mid in my opinion, more of an attacking one.

In other words we lack strength in depth, which I agree is the thing you need to mount any form of promotion push.

Aye, Winchester looked like he got shrugged of the ball quite easily and didn't win that many aerial challenges. He's got ability no question about it, but he certainly isn't a tough tackling centre mid in my opinion, more of an attacking one.

That's how I view young Carl too; as a box to box; more advanced CM.

Tom Adeyemi is powder-puff for me, covers a lot of ground but without touching the ball or winning the ball in tackles. For his size he doesn't stamp his authority on games; from a physical POV - and I find myself asking 'has Tom touched the ball in the last 10 mins' type questions a heck of a lot.

Apart from Mancini (who?), Tom is the 1 loan player I'm really not arsed if they go back and we can't renew.

If / when Furman & Wes aren't in the side - Carl Winchester wouldn't in my opinion do a worse jb than Tom has done stepping in, in fact I'd go as far as to say that from what I've seen; he'd actually be more involved and do a better job.......

Mellor is lets face it; playing out of position at LB - he's a CM by trade. I'd also be more than happy to see him in the CM over Tom Adeyemi; even with his lack of pace issue; his ability on the ball & strength in th tackle would mean IMO that he'd be more than OK in there also....

To get in the play offs we need to be turning the draws into wins and we need to go on a run like Blackpool did when they went up. We need to take maximum amount of points this month with Huddersfield stevenage away and exeter at home. Hopefully it does not go the other way like what happened to Birmingham last year with them concentrating on the cups.