Replay of the match on tv

I thougt handball at the time. I was at an angle where I could see that his head did not touch it and there is no way it came off his body at that pace. Also the penalty was clearly an offside. The ball is coming directly to the offside Liverpool player who stops the full back getting to the ball by his presence. He is therefore active. Both bad decisions down to the assistabnt rather than the referee. The ref could not have seen the punch from his angle, and he looked at the assistant twice before giving the penalty expecting a flag that did not come.

Stewrat

I (stupidly considering I was Sky+'ing it too) stayed up to watch it back last night.

It just confirmed my (rather drunk) memories that we were indeed very much in the game for 65mins, more than matching them in our play.

I think if you have your Blue-Tinted specs on; then the 1st could be claimed to be handball (certainly from the LFC TV footage, PD thought it was) and the second a very soft penalty.

Trying to be balanced, the 1st is really hard to spot at real-time; it goes so quickly at Bellamy from Shelvey's shot; it's too hard to see where it came off. His goal celebtation to me though suggests it hit his arm.

The penalty is one you would want if it was your side, your player falling in the box under some contact. That said - FFS; how little contact did it take for Maxi to fall over, how much over his head was the ball anyway and Maxi opening laughing as Gerrard is preparing to take the kick didn't sit well either.

There were some outstanding dispalys from our boys. Diamond, Furman, Taylor, Adeyemi, Cisak, Simpson's goal and some of link play, Lee doing admirably out position up against Bellamy…….

Still very proud of my team after watching that back. I just hope my wife doesn't delete it of the planner; I want that on there for a good while yet!!!!