Alex Ciask

So like many of us I imagine, today I have been going through last nights game in my head re living the chances we had in the first half that we missed and a few 2nd half chances and i'm really gutted it finished 5-1.

Also remembered the performance of Ciask. From what I remember he had a quality game (apart from the clearance against Maxi) yes he conceded 5 but he also pulled off some quality saves in each half. Defo the best keeper we've had for a long time and still a young lad.

Be easy to forget his performance with a 5-1 scoreline but fair play he was class...

It's the elephant on the room this. Cisak is the best 'keeper we have had sInce Lee Grant or Rachubka who weren't even ours, In fact he is the beat 'keeper in League 1. After the likes of Brill and Day, I think a bigger worry for us will be how to replace HIM rather than the likes of Taylor.

I really think he'll be gone sooner rather than later sadly.

He is indeed a quality keeper, and will play somewhat higher up the leagues than he does at present. He's only a bairn remember, wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at a decent Premiership level - he's played a lot of games compared to the shower of :censored: we've had on loan at a similar age from all sorts of places.

Cisak has all the makings of a good keeper.Sure he has faults after all he is still young,I feel he doesn't get out quick enough to balls played over the top,his starting position looks a bit deep,keepers now are basically sweepers.Remember Gerrard as a kid,he was weak at kicking but overall a superb keeper.Just the guy to bring on young Alex.

i think he's slightly overrated on this board. He's a solid but not spectacular keeper. Best weve had in a while but nothing to suggest he should be playing at a higher level imo

He's bloody young, that's why! He can improve his judgement and positioning with experience and he will be a top keeper. He's the same age as the 6 or 7 Premiership reserves we've had in who couldn't catch [a cold].

i think he's slightly overrated on this board. He's a solid but not spectacular keeper. Best weve had in a while but nothing to suggest he should be playing at a higher level imo

Which probably explains why Dean Brill was hung out to dry by most after Hartlepool in 2008/2009. Really felt for the lad when he came out early for 2nd half to warm up when playing hartlepool at home to a chorus of boos and abuse, regardless of how :censored: people thought he was.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Which probably explains why Dean Brill was hung out to dry by most after Hartlepool in 2008/2009. Really felt for the lad when he came out early for 2nd half to warm up when playing hartlepool at home to a chorus of boos and abuse, regardless of how :censored: people thought he was.

So did I, and the fans' reaction was quite shocking.

But it was pisspoor management to do it given the stick he'd received throughout the half.

He's 22. Thats still very young in terms of goalkeepers who can still be peaking around 34/35. He's only going to get better. He'll be gone by end of next season unless we're promoted. Just hope if he does go he'll go a team where he'll start and not be one of these bench warmers.