St Helens sack Royce Simmons

Last season was like a breath of fresh air after the Potter Years, I didn't give us a hope in hell of getting to Old Trsfford but we beat Wigan twice to get there and but for injuries at key moments in the game, probably would have won the game after leading well into the final quarter. This year we've lost James Graham to Canterbury and little was done to realistically replace him. Tis couple with a baffling rotation policy of often leaving our best backs on the bench has seen the points dry up.

Having said that some of the Rugby we played last season with Lomax, Gaskell, Wheeler and Foster last season was the best i've seen from Saints in five or six years. This season is definitely is the worst i've seen since I started following Saints in the late 90s. I wasn't too chuffed when we appointed Simmons and was pleasantly surprised last season, but injuries or not something had to give. It's not clear whether he's been sacked or has walked, good luck to him but now i'd like to see a permanent coach appointed to replace him, no 'til the end of the season' tripe. I'd like Brown from Hudds, or even Brian Noble the fact this guy is still out of work is criminal. Failing that there's rumours that Daniel Anderson could be available and he's a guy i'd definitely have back.

Having said that some of the Rugby we played last season with Lomax, Gaskell, Wheeler and Foster last season was the best i've seen from Saints in five or six years. This season is definitely is the worst i've seen since I started following Saints in the late 90s. I wasn't too chuffed when we appointed Simmons and was pleasantly surprised last season, but injuries or not something had to give. It's not clear whether he's been sacked or has walked, good luck to him but now i'd like to see a permanent coach appointed to replace him, no 'til the end of the season' tripe. I'd like Brown from Hudds, or even Brian Noble the fact this guy is still out of work is criminal. Failing that there's rumours that Daniel Anderson could be available and he's a guy i'd definitely have back.

Haven't seen Saints this season but my sister (Saints ST holder) said same thing, and her husband, who's supported Saints for near 40 years, reckons it's among the worst he's seen. No plan B, far too easy for the opposition to suss them out, only takes one player to have an off day for the team to lose.

If Daniel Anderson's available I'd cheerfully welcome him back.

Strongest rumours(i know, I know, we hear it every week) yet that Jamie Lyon is coming back for 2013…

"JAMIE LYON SIGNED, SEALED AND DELIVERED?!

On an absolutely crazy night, the Redvee Grapevine has gone into complete overdrive, and after breaking the news of Royce Simmons, we've also heard from a number of trusted sources that Jamie Lyon has re-signed for the club and will once again be gracing the Redvee of St Helens from the start of the 2013 season, although there no details of when the announcement will be officially made.

The Sydney Morning Herald have reported that Manly have massive salary-cap issues for 2013 and a host of stars off contract andf their prority is to retain Cherry-Evans and Foran, as well as retaining all their other free agents, including Steve Matai, Lussick and Stewart.

If our sources are correct (and we're praying they are!!) then the move for Lyon makes perfect sense as he is already considered a St Helens legend and would free up valuable cap space for the Sea Eagles.

We wait with baited breath!"

Lyon Rumours

Say what you like about Ian ':censored:ing' Millward, but his 75% win ratio at Saints speaks for itself. Daniel Anderson would be a good choice. I've always liked Wayne Bennett, although any move back over here was scuppered when he went to Newcastle Knights.

Say what you like about Ian ':censored:ing' Millward, but his 75% win ratio at Saints speaks for itself. Daniel Anderson would be a good choice. I've always liked Wayne Bennett, although any move back over here was scuppered when he went to Newcastle Knights.

I'd have Millward back tomorrow….