22 years ago today

yes we where beaten by an extra time goal, but amazing memories for the fans that where old enough to be there

it could have gone either way and if Nicky Henrys first half effort was given over the line.....

was it right that the ref had a Utd season ticket at the time? cant remember his name?

i only pray we get to experience something similar in the future obviously it would be on a smaller scale but alot of fans and people connected to the club deserve it ....some dont :wink:

and :censored: yeah for the purpose of this thread im living in the past!

Edited by palmer1

yes we where beaten by an extra time goal, but amazing memories for the fans that where old enough to be there

it could have gone either way and if Nicky Henrys first half effort was given over the line.....

was it right that the ref had a Utd season ticket at the time? cant remember his name?

i only pray we get to experience something similar in the future obviously it would be on a smaller scale but alot of fans and people connected to the club deserve it ....some dont :wink:

and :censored: yeah for the purpose of this thread im living in the past!

Joe 'Bent Bastard' Worrall

Went to the first game, had to settle for the live BBC coverage of the replay. Jimmy Hill and Des Lynam were incredulous at our disallowed 'goal', extra-time was a step too far, but went :censored:ing mental when Stitch equalised with 7 minutes of normal time remaining. Going gung ho cost us that winner….as it did so many times during that period.

Edited by oafcprozac

I got back on the coach after the match & was the most distraught I have ever been at a match(worse than the 86/7 playoff). A bloke spoke to me & I literally could not speak .

Thought the team would break up & that would be it .....next season wasn't too shabby though was it?

Joe 'Bent Bastard' Worrall

Went to the first game, had to settle for the live BBC coverage of the replay. Jimmy Hill and Des Lynam were incredulous at our disallowed 'goal', extra-time was a step too far, but went :censored:ing mental when Stitch equalised with 7 minutes of normal time remaining. Going gung ho cost us that winner….as it did so many times during that period.

Just typical that a United ST holder was allowed to ref that match.

I remember Henry's goal well as we were celebrating in Platt Lane only to find out about 30 seconds later it wasn't.......cheating bastard!