Which full backs do you want playing for Latics next season?

156 members have voted

1. 1. Lee

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Diallo

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Black

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Winchester

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Mellor

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Adeyemi

• Yes
    • No

Forget news we've already heard.

Forget rumours.

Ignore the fact they may be loanees or out on loan elsewhere.

Simply answer yes or no. Do you want them in next season's squad?

(I've included Mellor, Winchester and Adeyemi in both midfield and full back polls. Vote as a full back in this one)

Edited by opinions4u

Mellor's an interesting one and there's almost a 50/50 split at this point. I voted no - as a full back he looks like a fish out of water. If he were to stay as a midfielder (which we have been told he is supposed to be), then give him a shot. But if he'd be playing as a full back only then I'd rather not.

Lee, Black & Winchester yes

Diallo, Mellor & Adeyemi no

I see Wincester as a versatile full back who could, if needed, fill in the CM is needed.

I see Mellor as a midfielder who has gone backwards being played as a full back.

They are both here next year, and if I'm right, they should be able to train full-time this season without the college interuption?

That should make a huge difference to both.

As I've posted previously, I won't be surprised to see Andy Taylor arrive at LB for next season.

i have said no to Lee

if he hasnt signed a contract then it seems he doesnt want to be here then he can get stuffed

i think im right in saying we only want players at Oldham who want to be here - thats what have read on here

dont want him here because an offer from a team in the north west didnt come in for him

where is his loyalty???

that how it works........right?

palmer thats a load of crap

haha why?

seems to be the case for Taylor at the moment does it not?

and its been said about many other players who are no longer here

"if he doesnt want to be here, then we dont want here - we only want players who want to play for Oldham"

words to that effect have been written on this board on many occasions on this board

so why is it crap?

because he has a right to decide what is best for his future,by that i mean if he was offered other jobs he has to choose which is the best for him that doesn't mean he doesn't want to play at oldham it just means it would be better for him to move on.

now don't read anything into that i.m just saying he has to think about things,but there is games to play first

as for loyalty he has shown that in the past two seasons,if i had been treated like he was at the begining i'd be long gone

because he has a right to decide what is best for his future,by that i mean if he was offered other jobs he has to choose which is the best for him that doesn't mean he doesn't want to play at oldham it just means it would be better for him to move on.

now don't read anything into that i.m just saying he has to think about things,but there is games to play first

as for loyalty he has shown that in the past two seasons,if i had been treated like he was at the begining i'd be long gone

i agree with you - my posts have been made to make a point

why is it so different for Taylor and other players on this board

what makes Lee who imo is an average league 1 fullback who will not cut it in that position in the championship the golden boy?

it just pisses that some get hounded out of the club and other can do no wrong - its been going on for years

a hell of a lot of people have voted yes for taylor me included,if he is being hounded out it;s from idiots slagging him off every game which must really piss him off with some people it seems he can do nothing right

as for lee not so sure he's golden boy but he has been the most consistent player this season and the fans seem to appreciate the fact that he does his best week after week,and yes he does make mistakes as you and prozac are always so keen to point out but he does his best and you can't ask for more than that,

whats your view on simpson?for me he has been crap since coming back from hudders but people come on the board saying he is being played out of position thats why he isn't playing well..when lee makes a mistake people seem to forget that he is out of position

a hell of a lot of people have voted yes for taylor me included,if he is being hounded out it;s from idiots slagging him off every game which must really piss him off with some people it seems he can do nothing right

as for lee not so sure he's golden boy but he has been the most consistent player this season and the fans seem to appreciate the fact that he does his best week after week,and yes he does make mistakes as you and prozac are always so keen to point out but he does his best and you can't ask for more than that,

whats your view on simpson?for me he has been crap since coming back from hudders but people come on the board saying he is being played out of position thats why he isn't playing well..when lee makes a mistake people seem to forget that he is out of position

imo Simpson is a championship player playing in a league 1 side

possibly the most talented player in the current squad and would love to see him here next season

i think he is far more effective in a central position that out wide but i can only comment from the start of his loan

i have not been for weeks due to knee surgery in feb so have not seen them enough since his return - from what i have heard they have all been crap ;)

as for Lee how long do you play there for before it becomes your position - 2 full seasons now

I'm sure he'll not miss you when he's progressing at another club, with a little more ambition and a few hundred more a week in his back pocket next season Palmer!!

Average or not,I bet there's a queue as big as your ego waiting to sign him up!!

Edited by Traffordtic

I'm sure he'll not miss you when he's progressing at another club, with a little more ambition and a few hundred more a week in his back pocket next season Palmer!!

Average or not,I bet there's a queue as big as your ego waiting to sign him up!!

haha you muppet....is no-one aloud an opinion on him? is he your special friend?

how do you figure i have large ego from a few internet posts finding a footballer above average and who at the moment I dont think will make it as a full back in the championship? FACT

i remember alot saying Eardley wouldnt make it on here but he produced in the premiership and then the championship - its a game of opinions FACT

im sure you know for a FACT that clubs are queing for him

why not? he plays consistently, never injured and most important he is FREE - FACT

imo he is not ready for the championship yet - especially at fullback FACT

oh and i wont miss him! - the club continues when any player moves on, its always been the same FACT

and we will more than likley find a better defender out there for free, i wouldnt bet against! although we will will miss him going forward FACT

if you dont like my opinions on your special friend you can jog on mate! FACT!

Edited by palmer1