New York Metz

Hi. Got a couple of days over there soon and fancy taking in a game. Any info on best cheap seats? Does Citi Park sell out? Only been to see two games before at Toronto and Ottawa so any info would be great. Especially as wifes first time and she ain't a sports buff! Ta

Baseball tends to aim at giving those who turn up regularly a good deal (40 game season tickets, etc.), but fleecing the one off visiting fan. Even then, barring a couple of teams it is still dirt cheap.

You can get them over the web from their official site. Just go into the schedule and click on the green square with a 'T' on the appropriate day's fixture. They range at the Mets from about $10 upwards, but there will be a $6 surcharge for each ticket bought. There is generally a view you can click on from each area of the stadium to see what the view is like, but few of them are awful. If you try and get near the first/third baseman then that is best, and as low down as possible in that area. Further away, try higher up - is my preference.

Generally you can print the tickets off at home, but some teams are still stuck in the past and mean you have to pick them up.

I would think they would only sell out the subway series (Yankees), but even those I think are available.

Really appreciate the info. I'd managed to prise my lads laptop out of his hands and looked at site. Just seemed like every photo of view looked suspiciously good! Still trying to convince the wife that its a slice of American life that she should experience!