Liverpool Mafia/Sycophants

With Brendan Rogers about to be named as Liverpool's manager the Lawrenson/Hansen/Aldridge mafia are at it again - basically saying that anyone without connections to the club has no right to manage it. They drooled over King Kenny and are royally upset that he got the boot.

I've always thought it was a poor call by the BBC to have Hansen and Lawrenson as two of their main pundits, their lack of objectivity is obvious. Sky has, and does have, proper analysis and criticism and brings balance to the coverage.

Lawrenson is now saying that "Rogers is a risk". Of course - every appointment is. I give credit to the owners for recognising that the constant living in the past at Anfield is doing the club no favours. It's a club without Champions League prospects for years and it needs new approaches (as well as better players and a less sensitive attitude to the outside world).

even though he was popular amongst the younger players

I smell someone being naughty on Wiki here, along the lines of Wadsworth style antics :ass1:

No doubt Gerrard will poison the new boss the same as he does with most of them. That club will go nowhere until he moves on, and even then he will probably get a job on MOTD and carry on.