projected squad

GK - Cisak / ? + Bouzanis

RB - CBrown + ?

CB - Tarky, Mvoto + ?, + Belzika

LB - Diallo + ?

RM - Millar + Morais

CM - Furman + Wes + Mellor + Winchester + Mchangama

LM - Hughes + ?

ST - Smith + Kuqi + Simpson + Tounkara? / ?

I think that's how our squad will be shaping up -

assuming those that have been offered deals all stay as above, i'd say we are still looking for a CB, 1 LB, 1 LW and 1 ST should Kuqi, Simmo and (rumoured) Tonk all stay on.

Given most of that squad are all young pro's in the main then it won't be too much of a finance strain and gives us a squad of 23 and allows us to fill the new 7 subs quota at least.

Although i think the above is what is likely to pan out, i'd still like to see us sign a better passer in midfield, i'm not saying we can afford that illusive playmaker but for me Furman and Wes are too similar and another more forward thinking CM would compliment them; although for me Mellor is the man for that job after having more games in that role as i think he pace, power and can pass/shoot.

Mainly young kids/pros then as feared but i think thats what we're gonna get until we can somehow start to bring in more funds or sell for high enough fees like Crewe across 3 or 4 players so as to fill the hole in the books then maybe look to build on that income.

if the remaining RB, LB, LM and CM/ST can be of reasonable experience then the squad (as usual if all fit and we can pick the same team for more than 2 matches a season) could be 10-12th next year as they all have ability/potential.

Anything above that, or if we somehow manage to have one or 2 more options in midfield and up front as would be the ideal scenario then you never know.

Hell, Stevenage (with a league 2 side) managed to finish 6th and Carlisle on a par with ourselves finished within a whisker.

If they click then you never know.........

GK - Bouzanis + RGK

RB - CBrown + RRB

CB - Tarkowski Mvoto + CB + Belzika

LB - Diallo +RLB

RM - Morais +Millar

CM - Furman + Weslowski + Mellor + Winchester + Mchangama

LM - LM +Hughes

ST - + Kuqi? + Simpson? + Tounkara? Smith

I am assuming Cisak will go. Not for £350k that was paper talk but if it was £175-£200k we will still have done well (but not preference)

By my reckoning

1 Left Midfield

1 reserve keeper

1 reserve RLB

And 1 striker

I think 1 of Simpson or Kuqi will stay, and we will need another one.

In one way I would like to see fresh blood, my ideal would be Simpson to say and

I just think time has caught up with Kuqi,, mores the pity, he has been a good servant.

But I would like to see a first team CB, we have been lacking in quality there for a few seasons, not on paper, but we concede too many soft goals

I agree a decent Midfielder different to Furm and Wes.

Obviosuly Lee was a loss, and Taylor a part loss, but I think that Dickov has keep then nucleus of a decent squad.

A smattering of quality and experience will make a lot of difference.

A couple of those reserve players slots converted to seasoned pros would be ideal but unlikely.

Decent striker and a bit of nous in defence and we could well improve on this season quite a bit.

All in all Dickov has made the right calls on who to release and who to sign, lets hope the majority do.

With Lee, Taylor and assumng Cisak, and maybe Kuqi, we would make the required savings I suspect.