Last Night, Slept on it...

I know it's not an ideal scenario so early in the season, but by all accounts Tarky was poor at MK (i didn't go so i'm going of what i've read)and, i thought he was poor last night! There were at least a couple of instances where a better side than Walsall would have capitalised on his mistakes.

We need pace, and by all accounts Connor Brown has pace. Move Byrne to centre half, alongside Big Jean, and put Brown at fullback to help Crofty, and to get up and down the flank.

We need options, and the way we're playing at the moment - we aren't creating options. We are not a big side, yet continue to pump the ball from the back - so like somebody said earlier, give Matt Smith a run - we have a great winger in Crofty, lets utilise what we have!

Regarding Simpson, he needs to start playing the ball instead of looking to foul the defender all the time i lost count of the number of stupid free kicks he gave away.

He probably does this because he is trying to be the big, brash, dirty target man that his position and performances suggest he's being asked to do by Dickov.

He can't be both the target man and creator at the same time.

I'm not one to slag off the young players, because when seasoned pros seem to be going through the motions I'd throw the kids on due to their verve and enthusiasm. However.... I just don't think tarkys ready. He just seemed nervous last night. Kinda frightened of getting the ball in case he cocked up. Didnt seem to have any confidence. I really hope he comes through it but I fear he could be the difference between winning and not winning at the moment. And I know it wasn't his fault last night before that's mentioned.

Liked montano though. Brimming with confidence. And mchangabamanga too. Simmo does seem to have picked up Taylor's whining baton though....

Croft - Imo he flatters to deceive, but give the lad a target to Cross to!

Slew - Supposed to be quick, but seen none of that. Tries to get away with doing the bare minimum. Makes me weep that he is our number one target.

(4) Get a big lad up front, or give Smith a proper go, it can't be any worse. With the instruction to hold the ball up and bring the wingers into play, then get on his bike into the box and cause havoc.

The easiest option for me would be to instruct the players to get the ball wide at every opportunity, you will not play through teams at our level as they're too well organised, so get it wide and load the box, play the percentages and please allow a midfielder to make forward runs.

It's going to be a long hard season, but there is hope there. Look at Tranmere's start, not a pot to piss in, full of kids and journeymen but they've put a team together. Sorry Paul, :censored: budget excuse doesn't wash.

Sounds very worrying about Slew as Stevenage fans said exactly the same.

Really good point about Croft, LP on Tuesday night made it sound like he got the ball in dangerous positions but didn't deliver the final ball. Maybe it was because Slew/Simpson/A.N.Other wasn't in position to receive that ball. In that case getting the most out of Croft might strengthen the argument for playing Smith, or else we will have to wait for Mvoto to stay forward in order to have a player to deliver the crosses to.

Finally Tranmere are my dark horse pick to do well this year. Ronnie doesn't do so well with teams with better quality players but gets the most out of average squads. Doesn't excuse Dickov though as teams in this league will surely have a worse budget than us. Getting results with the hand you are dealt is what separates the great/good from the average/poor.