A football match with very little actual football.

Tonights game against bury was dreadful, at best, not helped by some very poor reffing.

My frustrations are mostly related to the desire to feel the need to knock the ball long at every opportunity, missing out some key creative players. Too many time it ws hoofed long for players to run on to, or as was the case most times, to their keeper.

Baxter is quality and too many times we could have played him in but opted for longer or more direct balls. We have quality in our team, and let ourselves down with long ball.

Dickov should act to discipline player if they are not playing his tactics. Is he telling Byrne to smack it long everytime it comes near him? Is he telling Furman to play sideways balls all the time? Is he telling them to keep aiming for Simpsons head?

Annoys me that we have the quality we do, and we play like that against a :censored:e Bury side, who simply has a better work ethic and what seemed to be more of a plan.

Bored of it now.

Tonights game against bury was dreadful, at best, not helped by some very poor reffing.

My frustrations are mostly related to the desire to feel the need to knock the ball long at every opportunity, missing out some key creative players. Too many time it ws hoofed long for players to run on to, or as was the case most times, to their keeper.

Baxter is quality and too many times we could have played him in but opted for longer or more direct balls. We have quality in our team, and let ourselves down with long ball.

Dickov should act to discipline player if they are not playing his tactics. Is he telling Byrne to smack it long everytime it comes near him? Is he telling Furman to play sideways balls all the time? Is he telling them to keep aiming for Simpsons head?

Annoys me that we have the quality we do, and we play like that against a :censored:e Bury side, who simply has a better work ethic and what seemed to be more of a plan.

Bored of it now.

At least you got in for nowt :wink:

As :censored: as we were, Bury played some good stuff in the first half. Their winger was particularly a handful…. agree with everything else.

The played good stuff for about 10 mins. That winger was a handful. He managed to be the first player Ive ever seen told to "get up" for diving 3 times in 1 match. The ref should have booked him the 1st time. Someone should have cleaned him out though. He noticabley went into his shell for 10 mins when grounds did it the first time.

If he would have had a "Gregan special" I think he'd have thought twice.

Normally Im not for giving them a kick, but last night we were too soft.

When that kind of thing was going on Darren Shez would end up snapping. It made us harder to push around. We had kids to bring on. We needed younger versions of the management team.

Bury worked very hard at closing down and hunted in packs. Our lads didn't know how to pass it around to beat that, So hoofed it. The game was then set fair. Simple. Every single ball hoofed to Simpson who was the only front player that possibly stood a chance of winning with his head.

To be fair second half did see us improve, did see us use it more on the carpet and get into Bury's box which first half never happened. One absolute nailed on penalty the foul on Furman was not given whilst on three occasions during corners tarky was mauled to a point that was beyond belief.

Bury worked very hard at closing down and hunted in packs. Our lads didn't know how to pass it around to beat that, So hoofed it. The game was then set fair. Simple. Every single ball hoofed to Simpson who was the only front player that possibly stood a chance of winning with his head.

To be fair second half did see us improve, did see us use it more on the carpet and get into Bury's box which first half never happened. One absolute nailed on penalty the foul on Furman was not given whilst on three occasions during corners tarky was mauled to a point that was beyond belief.

Oh, if only a giant lion would jump on to the pitch....

As :censored: as we were, Bury played some good stuff in the first half. Their winger was particularly a handful…. agree with everything else.

I couldn't understand why Bury switched their winger , the No 33 was taking Grounds to the cleaners and he had been booked for a cynical challenge , then just when you thought Grounds would be in for a very rough night they switched the winger to the left!!!!!!!!!

Mad , i would have said give him the ball every time and let him have a go at Grounds especially after being booked.