Hey ho

yes, that's it in a nutshell. :censored: football in a :censored: league. How many years now, 15? I grew up with Oldham just after they got promoted to the second division. Not always pretty, but over a season you would get some great moments/games/football. This has been 15 years in a wilderness of :censored:e. I look at the Championship with drooling envy....

I watched Latics briefly in the early 1970s and then returned in the late 1980s, so I have seen quite a mix of styles and levels of excitement.

The whole game has been stripped of its pleasure by too many footballing 'prima donnas', foreign import players stifling the progress of home-grown talent, greed, the lack of patience coupled with a desire for instant success...resulting in many clubs buying their way to the top, the costs of tickets in relation to the amount and level of the "entertainment" provided and, in the case of Latics, a three-sided ground that is totally devoid of any atmosphere.

yes, that's it in a nutshell. :censored: football in a :censored: league. How many years now, 15? I grew up with Oldham just after they got promoted to the second division. Not always pretty, but over a season you would get some great moments/games/football. This has been 15 years in a wilderness of :censored:e. I look at the Championship with drooling envy....

The worst part is, this league seems to get worse with every passing year. It's a pathetically :censored: division this season, the worst it has ever been.

I'd like to be able to say "hey ho" about the match but I can't. I paid my money to travel there and to see the game and then got served that :censored:e. It wasn't good enough.

Confidence is down for Saturday, the crowd will be down for Saturday and the game in hand that we had in the league is gone.

I'd be relatively happy if we had given it a good go. Got at 'em attitude but we simply didn't, we were too happy to pass the ball back to Bouzanis and Byrne who would hoof it. We never had any attacking intensity or penetration, the possession was wasted and the only times we got the ball in a decent shooting position they were way off target, their keeper was NOT ONCE troubled.

On Saturday we need to go for it. Attack, attack and attack even more not only to entertain the extra fans we will get due to it being FA Cup, but also because we're at home and they didn't really offer any attacking threat other than corner kicks.

They're not unbeatable by any means but will our attitude be that way after such a demoralising loss? I hope not.