Red's Rose walkers at BP 7.40pm 14.12.12

Just wondering, are there any latics fans out there who are going to pop down to BP this Friday night 7.40pm to support the Red's Rose Walkers?

They are Liverpool fans raising money for the justice for the 96 campaign. Setting off from Hillsborough in the Morning and visiting roughly 7 footy grounds on the way, they are aiming for dinner at BP 7.40pm-8.20pm, then they crack on to the council house (city) on their way home to Anfield

Thanks

Struggling a little bit to work out the schedule, I think it says they're due to get to BP just before 9.30pm but I could be misreading it

http://www.fromthekop.com/page4.htm

Unfortunately I'll be in Liverpool when they're in Oldham, and in Oldham when they're in Liverpool. Great cause though, it'd be great if people could show their support.

Must admit I thought it was from Liverpool to Hillsborough myself, but I read it's the opposite way. Read it online from the kop web page with schedule etc.

There is an article on there with the it all and yes rosa your right re the time, but then it has on page 20 a full article on BP and that they are hoping to have dinner there at 7.40-8.20pm then off the city.

So, I might ring the club to confirm the true ETA. Don't fancy freezing my ass off for nothing

In fact rosa, it's the same article, but if you click on the left hand margin, select latest news then on that page then select download copy of the walk, page four, then expands to say where the eating stops are and it states bp for dinner at 7.40pm or 19.40pm, then page 20 is where it expands to a little more on bp

Underdog here, They have but google maps of the route. If you click on the site rosa's kindly posted on the above, you can then find it. Different walkers are doing different millage. We are part 7 I think. Setting off from weds ground roughly 7ish in the morning.

Ye gods I feel for them all ready having done the Sheff Utd to bp a few seasons ago.

Underdog here, They have but google maps of the route. If you click on the site rosa's kindly posted on the above, you can then find it. Different walkers are doing different millage. We are part 7 I think. Setting off from weds ground roughly 7ish in the morning.

Ye gods I feel for them all ready having done the Sheff Utd to bp a few seasons ago.

Latics OS mistakenly says they're walking from Anfield to Leppings Lane, Hillsborough, but it also says they're laying 96 roses at the Hillsborough memorial at Anfield before Saturday's game. It doesn't really matter which way they're walking as long as the details of their arrival at BP (not stated) are correct.

http://www.oldhamath...alk-531344.aspx

Underdog here, I've been in contact with the club and they have kindly offered to open a part of the RRE for the walkers to use. It's the part where the stewards meet etc and its a place they can sit and eat and at least use the toilets and get changed. I'm going to go get out of work early and have a scout of the area beforehand.

Then I'm going to go down to bp about 7ish as they have a mobile food van they are bringing with them and help them to set up and ensure bp is open as such too.

So there is still time to donate to their cause or even better, if you can spare the time come down to bp and meet them. The weather is not going to be nice so a warm Lancashire welcome is needed after coming over the wrong side of the pennines from huddersfield.

I'm even trying to get the owl to show but it's a bit short notice. Thanks everyone

Underdog here, I've been in contact with the club and they have kindly offered to open a part of the RRE for the walkers to use. It's the part where the stewards meet etc and its a place they can sit and eat and at least use the toilets and get changed. I'm going to go get out of work early and have a scout of the area beforehand.

Then I'm going to go down to bp about 7ish as they have a mobile food van they are bringing with them and help them to set up and ensure bp is open as such too.

So there is still time to donate to their cause or even better, if you can spare the time come down to bp and meet them. The weather is not going to be nice so a warm Lancashire welcome is needed after coming over the wrong side of the pennines from huddersfield.

I'm even trying to get the owl to show but it's a bit short notice. Thanks everyone

Nice one, really nice gesture by the club. The brochure makes the stop-off times (7.40-8.20pm at BP) a lot clearer. If anyone does go down to greet them, is there any chance you can get some photos? Or better still tweet them using the tag #RedsRoseWalk.

Shocking weather isn't it. The owl is going to make an appearance and we are hoping to have rustled up the Chronicle too. Myself and Rick Attwood will be there and if there and I will have some refreshments for any latics fans that are brave enought to come down.

Im going to go down to BP later and have a look at where the stewards cabin is in the RRE as I have no idea (does anyone else?) and will update on here with more details on where it actually is

Here's an update folks, the club have opened up the entire rre for the walkers and there support team. Entry via the visitors side of the rre, so if you want to come down you will be dry folks.

The support catering van has arrived at bp an the security guard is helping them set up and the walkers will be able to dry off, sit down and eat some food etc.

They are slightly behind schedule erstwhile of the support team are expected at 8pm and the walkers are aprox 8.15pm.

If you can make it it would be great to see you there

Ssshhhh, don't tell her but the real chaddy couldnt make it, so a woman stood in....me...and I resent I groped her but I did grab her emu style..hahah.

Bless, when the other two of her walking team realised I was a woman in the suit, they were going to wind her up all the way to man city saying then devasting her later that was a married woman....aww..

Chaddy welcomed them all in the usually manner and they Were very grateful to get out of the wet an sit down for some hot grub, there catering team and other support teams were brill

We may not have raised a bake bean for the cause, but on a night like this, hospitality is the key. And there was a Sunday mirror photographer was there so I might end up a page three bird too.

Thanks for the update rosa, and shhhhhhhh

Edited by tangerinedreams

Well I thought what would the real chaddy do, So I pounced owl like and she lost her chip bless. Trying to upload some piccies but I'm a bit of a techo novice so tba might be on the official site tomoz.

Ohh I can see the head line now chaddy in groping scandal....will be put on a footy mascot groping register....oh dear

Underdog

Edited by tangerinedreams

• 1 month later...

They were going to come back and watch us in a league game but when this game up and they managed to get tickets, it was just perfect.

They are now hoping to come back and support us again Everton. Hospititality provided by the junction in and I was advised by one of them that they did win something on Sunday.....junction inn pub quiz.

Page done in the match programme too which list the names of the 96 with the words...as long as football exists, you will never walk alone.

A good bunch, who now class Oldham as there second team

Underdog