Our biggest wins - pound for pound. Where does yesterday rank?

In my opinion......................

1. Sheff Wednesday 3-2 - arguably not as important as others as we were already up but still definitely number 1.

2. West Ham 6-0. It got us to a Wembley final

3. Southampton 4-3. Kept us in the top flight

4. Arsenal 3-1 Littlewoods Cup. They were champions. Leeds & Scarborough wins were good but this was where it all really started.

5. Liverpool yesterday. Unbelievable result. Amazing atmosphere. The money from it so, so important. It might move up the list depending what happens off the back of it. Fast forward a few years - "can you believe we would have sacked Dickov if we'd lost that game?" :unsure:

Where would the promotion clinching games under Frizzell rank? (before my time)

I've only been attending since 1997-98 so I missed all the glory days. Think its got to be the best day we've had in the post premier league days! Still hasn't sunk in for me yet!

Really think that it could be the catalyst for us to push on now and climb the table and away from trouble. Just hope some people from yesterday do start to come back more regularly.

It may take us a few seasons of cup runs to get us the money to be able to build a club that can get out of this division the right way, yesterday has really made me believe again! :D

1) sheff weds, for reaching the promised land as champions

2) Ipswitch Town away for reaching the 1st division

3) Liverpool away 1st game in top flight

4) Nottingham Forest 1st major cup final

5) Liverpool yesterday for the against all odds victory and massive chasm between us and £100 million team

My top 5 matches attended and reason for supporting our little unfashionable club that every now and again gives us all a lifelong feeling of happiness

Yesterdays was the biggest shock I think. With the side they had out, we didn't really have a right to win, but for feather-ruffling, it's way up at the top. Everton and Citeh were a bit smash and grab, where as yesterday we actually bullied them off the park and could have had more. Had Baxter or Simpson, who both had the easier chances than the goals bagged, we could have been looking at a 5-2.

The other games we were either on a level playing field or not too far apart, plus having such a technically-gifted side on the plastic gave us an advantage whichever way you look at it. I think those games meant more though in terms of jubilation and where it led us. With Everton coming up, I think Moyes will be far more canny and of course has learnt after our game at Goodison. I expect them to do a far more professional job on us.

Mine

United (H) 1-0 9/3/93 Prem They were flying we'd won once in 10 and were bottom of the League, it meant everything and still does to have silenced the reds for a few days

City (A) 2-1 13/3/99 City again were flying, they'd had a dodgy season but were improving and fast under Joe, the previous midweek we'd nicked a point at Col U. City had won 6-0 at Burnley. We were a team of kids and played our hearts out to seal a deserved win. Again it meant the world, given how :censored: we were that year.

Southampton (H) W4-3 8/5/93 Against all the odds we had secured another season of Cup Finals, as Joe famously said

Swindon (A) W2-1 25/4/2004 I shed a tear or two at the final whistle, against the odds of the previous years turmoil we had secured both our existence and all but our League One status. Massive Day imho

Liverpool (A) W3-2 27/1/2013 Definitely right up there, City, Everton etc… were great but we didn't have a :censored:ing prayer yesterday yet somehow out fought, out thought and for large periods outplayed Liverpool, the 5 times European Champions and although they are a shadow of themsleves it was immense. The win over them in 1993 was fantastic but we did that as their top-flight equals!

In my opinion......................

1. Sheff Wednesday 3-2 - arguably not as important as others as we were already up but still definitely number 1.

2. West Ham 6-0. It got us to a Wembley final

3. Southampton 4-3. Kept us in the top flight

4. Arsenal 3-1 Littlewoods Cup. They were champions. Leeds & Scarborough wins were good but this was where it all really started.

5. Liverpool yesterday. Unbelievable result. Amazing atmosphere. The money from it so, so important. It might move up the list depending what happens off the back of it. Fast forward a few years - "can you believe we would have sacked Dickov if we'd lost that game?" :unsure:

Where would the promotion clinching games under Frizzell rank? (before my time)

Are you suggesting this could be Dickov's 'Mark Robins Moment'?