St Pauli link?

The German football experience just shows what we're all missing over here. I try and get over twice a season and watch whoever I can, and 99% of the time the atmosphere is unbelievable. Recommend Düsseldorf or Cologne as easy trips from Manchester. The only disappointment was probably Schalke (too theme park-ish, think Old Trafford) but some of the other experiences have been amazing - the best of all being in the away end for Paderborn v Duisburg in division 2. Cheap tickets, standing and drinking during the game all helps, and the Germans love it when they find out your English and normally insist on buying you beers. They couldn't be more welcoming. A lot of the games have an edge as well, and the security/policing is full-on but I like all that, it makes it more intense. Recommend it to anyone who can get over there. Next for me is an Energie Cottbus/Hertha Berlin double-header in early March, unless I happen to have an FA Cup quarter final to attend that weekend!