St Pauli link?

I see a lot of signatures with the St Pauli and Frankfurt badges in them. (I'm fully aware of the whole Frankfurt connection!) But I was wondering do we have any link to St Pauli or is it just a coincidence that a few people on this forum like them? Thanks!

I see a lot of signatures with the St Pauli and Frankfurt badges in them. (I'm fully aware of the whole Frankfurt connection!) But I was wondering do we have any link to St Pauli or is it just a coincidence that a few people on this forum like them? Thanks!

Isn't it just one guy who won't stop banging on about German football?

There's numerous fans who associate themselves with St Pauli. Think Celtic have official links but I think it's more to do with the political and ethos of the club that people attach themselves.

I quite liked them but it's overdone now.

I'm not all familiar with them? Are they ultras? Do they have a good firm? Or are just a nice set of fans? Thanks!

St Pauli is located right next to the red light district of Hamburg called Reeperbahn, though the club name is taken from the district of St Pauli, famous for the tall tower of St Pauli Kirche (Church - Lutheran) that dominates the skyline at the entrance to the inland port along the river Elbe. I used to live in Hamburg and watch them play.

A gift shop in the airport and fcum trying desperately to forge links put me right off St Pauli.

Lower league German football is a real eye opener. Fans who enjoy their day at the match and clubs who look after them. Done hamburg and Berlin previously, Munich this year.

St Pauli is located right next to the red light district of Hamburg called Reeperbahn, though the club name is taken from the district of St Pauli, famous for the tall tower of St Pauli Kirche (Church - Lutheran) that dominates the skyline at the entrance to the inland port along the river Elbe. I used to live in Hamburg and watch them play.

Do they still have fans from before the pre-rebellion era? Was it the 80s they adopted it?

Just thinking you'd be well pissed off as an old school fan with no interest in the political side of things and just a fan of the club itself.

Good club to be associated with. They are very much a fans club. They have a lot of similarities to us. I have regular dealings with a St. Pauli fan. We talk about football a lot. They nearly went out of business like us but their fans rallied and helped them to survive. They have a lot of paying fans and that has something to do with traditionalism and the fact that is cheap to watch football in bundesligue 2.

I went over for the Haye Klitchko fight. Pissed it down all weekend.

The Reeperbahn was pretty intense. There was a festival/carnival on when we were there called something like slagenfest. That was pretty fun.

Am I late?

As of yet there is no official Freundschaft between St. Pauli and Oldham. It's me and a few St. Pauli fans who just go to games and I've introduced them to Latics - as far as I'm aware. It's something I'm looking into starting with the bunch who are interested. Shall bring a flag along sometime I got done for both clubs, see if it gets any notice. Love Frankfurt but they're cramping our style, y'all. They have every club in Britain supporting them!

EFC Bockenheim - the mysterious Adlers who fly over to watch Latics - mentioned it would be a good idea. But Droogs '99 have no interest in Sankt Pauli...

Flew over myself last night and will be sporting my hoody against Yeovil.

They're the hipsters football club of choice

AC/DC were so 1981.

The hipsters lurk in Berlin.

Edited by GuyGermanLatic

everyone's mad for the German footie! Well, apart from those who arent.

There is an Oldham Schalke supporters group dont you know - arent we getting promiscuous with German clubs now? Probably going to become officially affiliated later this year. The website is deep in hibernation but you never know, might wake up one day:

www.schalke04.co.uk

and they have a half share in the twitter phenomenon that is @Schalke_UK - 4454 followers and counting

So, ladies and gentlemen - who would you rather adopt.....some dicks from frankfurt? The 'right-on' brigade in Hamburg? Or the second greatest team in the world who also happen to play in Royal Blue (ahh, yes - forgetting Latics dont play in Royal Blue anymore. Shameful)