pointon 1994 106 minutes.....ahhhh

Just starting to get a bit nostalgic with this fa cup run, it was 1994 the last time we were at wemberly, we all know the outcome, but putting the last minute heart break aside what was your over riding memory of that day????…….highlight after pointon scored was singing “always look on the bright side of life” to the reds……..ahhh memories, bad memories not being able to talk for two days after :(

After Pointon scored my memory was...

- Sharpy missing an absolute sitter with a couple of minutes to go to finish them off.

- Looking at the United end and seeing the "WEMBLEY" seat pattern as so many reds had gone home..

- Asking my brother-in-law how long left - looked down to see him raise 1 finger for 1 minute.

- looking up to see Hughes shatter us.

- being stuck in the Wembley car park with Reds goading us...

- deciding to be positive and that we'll "do them" in the replay.....yeah right.

After Pointon scored my memory was...

- Sharpy missing an absolute sitter with a couple of minutes to go to finish them off.

- Looking at the United end and seeing the "WEMBLEY" seat pattern as so many reds had gone home..

- Asking my brother-in-law how long left - looked down to see him raise 1 finger for 1 minute.

- looking up to see Hughes shatter us.

- being stuck in the Wembley car park with Reds goading us...

- deciding to be positive and that we'll "do them" in the replay.....yeah right.

All of the above.

I don't have 'Psycho' as my avatar for no reason.

At BP, sat in the Rocky Road end ready for kick-off, the crowd chanting "Psycho, psycho" and Pointon turning around to acknowledge us. Legend!!