Not getting carried away

lets be honest they were awful and we started so slowly and they should have been in front with 2 good headed chances for Howard

Tarky and Mvoto eventually got top grips with Howard and from that point on 'pool were awful they didnt have any idea of what to do going forward except a basic lump forward- you could see how poor they were from the warm up they could only keep the ball for 3 or 4 passes at a time.

We got the goal and kicked on from there and created some chances - really though Croft would have scored.

2nd half tho we agains started poorly again and without any really quality 'pool were starting to come into the game and while Mvoto was doing his best to be a brick wall they were starting to push us back and build pressure as our midfield and forward line didnt hold the ball out of nothing Baxter smacks home a great finish and it was plain sailing almost....

We still give away too many chances and Browns lack of willingness to overlap cost us possesion at times but we did OK. It was a 6/10 performance against a woeful team who did our trick of getting a corner and then going all the way back to the keeper.

Still a very good win and Johnson has hit the ground running having not had a lot of time with the players,.

Edited by bluehobbit

Must admit I've never been so underwhelmed with three goals and a clean sheet.

Still can't put my finger on it. Cold night, Simpson peeing me off or the fact that we took15 mims to kick in after their 4/5 corners.

Too much tippy tappy footy, then too much head tennis.

Ye gods I really must be pissed off with it all.

Really got to be the easiest match last night to win, prove your worth to a manager etc.

Let's wait and see, new guy looked good, peed off with Chris thingymigig being booed, heard grounds yelling out to the others, Baxter bled, croft I so want to score was un lucky.

Hey ho sterner games, watching this space, supporting the WHOLE team