US tycoon Preston Haskell IV eyeing takeover bid

"The 46-year-old Florida-born, but now Sweden-based multi-millionaire, who has a fortune estimated at £164m, was last year reported to be interested in buying into Leeds United."

Wtf is it with these people? First Leeds, now Coventry..and while I would not turn my nose up at £164m..it is a pittance, compared to some of the big players in the football club ownership game. There is a high possibility that it will only end in disaster (again) if this guy takes control of the club.

Seem to recall an article about the amount of debt per administration and the amount paid back afterwards as 'pence in the pound' a few years back. We we near, or at the top of the table for paying the highest % of our original debts back - I remember thinking at the time, "we can't even go bust properly". Had a quick search on web and cannot find the article, but did find this about monies owed to HMRC which does explain some of it:

http://news.bbc.co.u.../uk/7741859.stm

I will have another look and see if I can find the original story - I saw it online (BBC, or a broadsheet website I think).

Oldham League One £520k tax owed £260k club forced to pay £260k balance

Edited by Stagger Lee

US tycoon Preston Haskell IV eyeing takeover bid

"The 46-year-old Florida-born, but now Sweden-based multi-millionaire, who has a fortune estimated at £164m, was last year reported to be interested in buying into Leeds United."

Wtf is it with these people? First Leeds, now Coventry..and while I would not turn my nose up at £164m..it is a pittance, compared to some of the big players in the football club ownership game. There is a high possibility that it will only end in disaster (again) if this guy takes control of the club.

He's also American, they tend to like clubs to run as businesses rather than pumping in funds. Liverpool and Arsenal are such examples.