They owe 60 million this is disgusting teams like this should be getting relegated out to start at the bottom

We owe £6m. Should we lose some points too?

Should Latics have been kicked out of the league a decade ago?

Edited by opinions4u

We owe £6m. Should we lose some points too?

Should Latics have been kicked out of the league a decade ago?

No but whats frustrating about these situations is that some clubs like Latics go into Admin because they are genuinely skint.

Others do it to wipe debts out and start again.

Southampton was a classic, bust one day and sign Lambert for 1 Mill 24 hours later.

Stinks and i would have a severe grievance if they owed me money.

Problem is it is difficult to know which is which.

Edited by losesome

No but whats frustrating about these situations is that some clubs like Latics go into Admin because they are genuinely skint.

Spend stupidly. Admin. Debt free. The number of zeros may be different but the concept isn't.

Isn't that what Latics effectively did? Painful. Not instant as it is for some. But it is what the outcome was.

More concerned about the fact Portsmouth haven't had their 10 points deducted yet, is there a confirmed date for this?

From the way I read it, if the takeover goes ahead by the supporters trust this triggers the 10 point deduction. But if by the end of the season the takeover has not taken place, the club will cease to exist as a football league club. Also the only approved "bidder" (might be the wrong word), is the PST and no other takeover bid will be accepted.

Southampton was a classic, bust one day and sign Lambert for 1 Mill 24 hours later.

Problem is it is difficult to know which is which.

And Leicester, giving them a free stadium.

source?

Can't find this anywhere

The company who built Leicester's stadium went unpaid for it and went bust, and the new club picked up the ground for free.

To be fair, that would have been the dream scenario if we had sold the BP land just before the crash.

The company who built Leicester's stadium went unpaid for it and went bust, and the new club picked up the ground for free.

To be fair, that would have been the dream scenario if we had sold the BP land just before the crash.

It was that (and possibly the way that Bradford came out of admin iirc) that led to the 10 point penalty being introduced wasn't it?

Sorry misundertood what you said. Thought you meant leicester had agreed to let cov play there for free

That's because of them being bought by a Swiss billionaire a couple of months after going into admin.

Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Ltd have, they think, arranged things in such a way so as to avoid the 10 point deduction from an administration due to non payment of rent. It seems likely that 10 points will be deducted because there is an administration (of Coventry City Football Club Ltd) and possible that more than 10 will be deducted to make an example of them for trying, possibly succeeding, to be clever.

It is suggested that CCFCLtd, the company now in administration, does in fact own the Football League's Golden Share, the document which makes you a member of the Football League, and therefore CCFC(Holdings)Ltd isn't a member so you can ask why has it been playing a team in the Football League.

Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Ltd have, they think, arranged things in such a way so as to avoid the 10 point deduction from an administration due to non payment of rent. It seems likely that 10 points will be deducted because there is an administration (of Coventry City Football Club Ltd) and possible that more than 10 will be deducted to make an example of them for trying, possibly succeeding, to be clever.

It is suggested that CCFCLtd, the company now in administration, does in fact own the Football League's Golden Share, the document which makes you a member of the Football League, and therefore CCFC(Holdings)Ltd isn't a member so you can ask why has it been playing a team in the Football League.

Thanks for simplifying that. Makes perfect sense now :grin: .

Seem to recall an article about the amount of debt per administration and the amount paid back afterwards as 'pence in the pound' a few years back. We we near, or at the top of the table for paying the highest % of our original debts back - I remember thinking at the time, "we can't even go bust properly". Had a quick search on web and cannot find the article, but did find this about monies owed to HMRC which does explain some of it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7741859.stm

I will have another look and see if I can find the original story - I saw it online (BBC, or a broadsheet website I think).