Latics v Carlisle FLS Coverage

Call me picky but Baxter tapping the keeper on the back to appreciate his save of Bobby Reid is lovely sportsmanship when you're cruising towards the end of the season but when you're scrapping it's all about gamesmanship. Rough 'em up, too many soft touches this season by too many players. It's not a dig at Baxter who has obviously given us the chance to stay up but our general mentality throughout the season.

1st goal was poor from Wes and Grounds and M'Voto should've been closing him down. Not closing down fast enough is a pattern of the defence this season, it's been repeated for lots of our conceded goals.

2nd goal was Simpson losing the ball, again. He struggles to pass the ball 5 yards and do simple things you'd think he wasn't even a pro player. Yet again bad cover for Connor Brown who if I remember rightly was trying to run onto Simpson's wayward pass.

It's so sloppy, inexcusable play that results in us conceding. Forget about the good finishes. Their players shouldn't have been allowed to get into such inchallenged spaces so easily.

Edited by NewBlue

fortunately for Bouzanis, the highlights don't show him going on a wander for their second. He came for the ball, went back, went for it again and gave their fella all the time to pick the lob. Simpson's fault for giving away posession, but Bouzanis was awful.

fortunately for Bouzanis, the highlights don't show him going on a wander for their second. He came for the ball, went back, went for it again and gave their fella all the time to pick the lob. Simpson's fault for giving away posession, but Bouzanis was awful.

Wander or not it was a class lob!!!

To be fair to bouzanis he was completly shafted by his teammates - they lost the ball,brown was stranded and their LEFT BACK had half a pitch to run at! I know bouzy played the hokeykokey a bit but christ what do you do? The lb did take the goal well though..

Whilst I don't have any doubts that both of those goals could and should have been prevented, you have to give credit where it is due to Carlisle for two very solid finishes and for putting that lot to shame regarding their application and desire to win the game.,

To be fair to bouzanis he was completly shafted by his teammates - they lost the ball,brown was stranded and their LEFT BACK had half a pitch to run at! I know bouzy played the hokeykokey a bit but christ what do you do? The lb did take the goal well though..

Well, you put your left leg in, your leg out.....