season expectations.

I think a lot of the debate on the squad is a bit pointless. The vast majority of keepers, defenders, an midfielders are much of muchness in this division. What separates lower mid table An top six is a really good front two. That simple. Forget style of play, if you've got good strikers, even one prolific (porter in days gone by). You'll do more than ok.

Yeovil didn't have world beaters behind madden an hayter.

We've actually had a very respectable goals against in the last few seasons, but if you don't score enough you ain't doing nowt.

If we sign Rooney, I would be quitely optimistic.

How high do you think we can finish at best? - best? Top 10.
Where do you honestly think we will finish? - mid table, 12th-16th
Would you accept a lower league position for a cup run, similar to last year? - No, I want us to do well in the league this season.
3 for promotion? - Wolves, Preston, Bristol City
4 for the drop? - Colchester, Crawley, Stevenage, possibly Swindon
Underachievers? - Franchise, Sheff Utd
Overachievers? - Hopefully us, Rotherham, Bradford

Edited by iamjonesyyoafc

we will do well to stay up....sorry but i really dont see much of an improvment in the squad, i hope and pray i am proved wrong

see you all at Stevenage :chubb:

KTF

Not sure why people are tipping Bradford as potential outsiders...okay, they had a dream cup run but they only just squeaked into the League Two play-offs. Can't see them being that great.

Agree that it's going to be a pretty tough league this season. Brentford will be hard to stop. Peterborough and Bristol City are likely to be up there. Can't see Wolves storming the division as they've had so much turmoil in the last couple of years. Definitely think if we sign Rooney we could be a decent outside shout for the the play-offs. Would think Colchester, Stevenage, Port Vale and Shrewsbury are possibles for relegation.

Behave!

Lower mid table at best.

But i'll be happy with that, all about progression.

Rooney, Baxter & McDonald upfront could be better than any forward line we've had in this league.

And if Clarke-Harris can take his pre season form into real matches....

Johnson wouldn't be making signings like that to finish lower mid table.

Edited by HarryBosch