Two new signings expected today

With three long-term injuries and Mills' departure and a huge month of football ahead, i think it might be the time to bring in a couple of bodies.

Mellor needs to stop being so hesitant. His positional sense is poor, but it's the fact that he looks like a nervous wreck everytime he starts a games that is a major problem. He seems to lack confidence. Then, as the games progress he seems to settle. It's the same pattern. When does he stop being a kid needing experience and when does he become a reliable pro with a good left-foot?

Difficult balancing act for the manager.The clock is ticking.

Maybe when fans stop over analysing his game? ;)

Seriously though, I havent been watching the games but I listened to the Bristol City match and they said he was playing well and others have had good things to say about him from other games on here so it cant be all that bad. I think he may settle down more when he actually gets a regular position though and then it will be up to him to show he can mature into a reliable pro. It takes time and games.

The point is he did use his left foot rather than switching to his right, and it travelled a long distance, some can't kick a ball 2 yards with their 'wrong foot'.

Does anyone know of any reason he can't play left back ?

I think he needs to show more consistency in his other positions before he will get thrown in elsewhere. He clearly has talent though so with the right coaching and management you would hope he could turn into a good player eventually.