Right back

Once Wes broke back into the side after appearing to be out of favour, I'd say our home performances were generally good.

Not finishing chances hurt results, not the centre-mid pairing.

This.

A striker and a new winger if Petrasso doesnt stay for the season, along with a Matteo replacement for the defence.

If LJ does sign a creative midfielder (how do we quantify his creativity?, what happens if he's just a midfielder by the way?) them fair do's - another player in help out.

I wont be immediately rushing onto here to pipe certain posters off though...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i think the lack of a quality finisher is highlighting all the other minor shortcoming of the side. Brown is being made a scapegoat for yesterday when his error probably shouldn't have proved crucial against such a poor side. How long can we persevere with Rooney? An out and out striker is where i think we should be concentrating our efforts this month - Kevin Phillips isn't doing anything at the moment ( you can always dream ).[/quot

Its not just yesterday, Brown is not up to the job

He has major limitations as a footballer and with the style LJ wants to play you full backs have to be very comfortable on the ball.

Look at Mills for example who I hope can return. Great over lapping full back who can cross and is very comfortable in possesion. Now compare him to Brown....

This.

A striker and a new winger if Petrasso doesnt stay for the season, along with a Matteo replacement for the defence.

If LJ does sign a creative midfielder (how do we quantify his creativity?, what happens if he's just a midfielder by the way?) them fair do's - another player in help out.

I wont be immediately rushing onto here to pipe certain posters off though...

I think LJ did recently concede we need some more creativity in the middle. So I would expect he'll have some targets in mind.

Personally i think the lack of a quality finisher is highlighting all the other minor shortcoming of the side. Brown is being made a scapegoat for yesterday when his error probably shouldn't have proved crucial against such a poor side. How long can we persevere with Rooney? An out and out striker is where i think we should be concentrating our efforts this month - Kevin Phillips isn't doing anything at the moment ( you can always dream ).

hes 48 for ffs, how about gary lineker or jimmy greaves, theyr,e both proven strikers,

That's right, pick on Connor Brown because he's an easy target. Nobody will mention the fact that Tarky has been woeful in the last 2 home games, that's blasphemy!

tarky has been woeful for 3 or 4 games now, not including sheff united and coventry because he did a shift out of position, but otherwise played badly for a patch of time now! class player, no doubt but he shouldn't be immune to criticism

tarky has been woeful for 3 or 4 games now, not including sheff united and coventry because he did a shift out of position, but otherwise played badly for a patch of time now! class player, no doubt but he shouldn't be immune to criticism

So he's been woeful for 3 or 4 games apart from two of them?

And, by the way, he was better than "putting in a shift" at Coventry : he was superb...

Regarding the David Worrall rumours........go back 5/6 months and remind ourselves of the Rooney hype. We are in danger of building up the next forward as being the saviour of the club when in reality, we can't afford the sort of forward we really want.........someone big who is not necessarily quick but can hold the ball up and can get on the end of a cross or someone little and quick who can race onto that through ball. What we will end up with is a cross section........someone small and slow with toblerone boots and a head like three-penny coin........someone like that fat, 40 odd year old, stand-in goalkeeping git from Hull/Bradford a couple of years ago.

As for Tarky, and I admit to being a major critic of him early last season before Cliff Byrne started to coach him, but he has been excellent this season with his only failing not being able to resist a charge forward and getting dispossessed.

The fact you would like a new goalkeeper shows you don't really know that much about this division? He's one of the best in this league and will most certainly play at a higher level than this

One of the best in this league? I doubt that. I believe he has the capability to play higher but not at this point. Maybe after a few seasons. By then he won't be playing for us anymore.

So he's been woeful for 3 or 4 games apart from two of them?

And, by the way, he was better than "putting in a shift" at Coventry : he was superb...

3 or 4 games not including cov and sheff united, meaning 3 or 4 games before and after... he even said it himself in the Westwood east!

Tarky and Kusunga were a huge factor in us holding out for as long as we did at Coventry second half.

He shouldn't be immune from criticism at all, but he should when it's unwarranted...

I think the world of him, always have... but he was one of our worst performers in both colchester and shrewsbury...