Latics 1-2 Franchise: Post match reaction

1st half was just not acceptable. Could not work out our tactics or formation. Why Philliskirk was drifting inside so much, and leaving such a gap wide right i do not know. Why none of our bench made any attempt to correct it leads me to believe it was under instructions.

Stead. Lockwood. Grounds. Philliskirk. On that 1st half performance should be nowhere near our side for the next game.

JCH. Dayton. Winchester all did well 2nd half.

Only Harkins and Wes can be happy with their full 90mins work IMO.

Taking that game as a whole:

Just. Not. Good. Enough.

I thought Conor Brown played really well last night. Snuffed out Powell fairly well in the first half, as most problems came via our left hand side and through the middle, and then did well going forward in the 2nd when its quite clear he is a defender and not a winger and he was down the right with Wilsons awful distribution, whereas we had grounds Dayton and Harkins down the left.

Personally felt a bit sorry for Dunfield (especially being dragged off before Grounds/Wilson/Lockwood), him and Wes seemed to both want to play deep, whereas 2nd half Wes pushed on and Winchester sat in. With our mdifield sitting so deep, we dont have any pace to get up with the strikers, and for the want of trying Stead was awfully exposed.

I think my comments yesterday about Wilson being :censored: on the ball were justified last night.

Am I also the only person who thought Harkins was very poor for him last night? Too many times he tried doing too much, looking for a nutmeg, delaying a cross to beat a man again. Not his best game in blue.

Edited by youngen

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The RRE is a better stand in every conceivable aspect. The ONLY reason for staying in the Chaddy is tradition.

This doesn't help our atmosphere though...

The Chaddy was a great place to be during the standing era ,

But as a seated stand it is dreadful.

Old , dilapidated , impaired views and on those rare nice days in the shade.

I cannot believe any other club gives the best stand in the ground to the away fans.

You have to be at least 30 to recollect the Chaddy and standing areas .

I sit in the Rochdale Road end and dread the games where we have to switch and sit in the dark dungeon at the other end .

Without desire you are nuffink in this game, only Harkins showed any in the first half.

Too much muddled thinking at all levels going on for me.

Worrall signs whilst injured and can't play Saturday-Tuesday, we knew the fixture list so why bother?

Winchester was a right back in the summer, now he's a midfielder who can't play 90 minutes?

Philliskirk gets 10 goals before Christmas as a striker, now turned into a totally ineffective wide player, reason?

At the managers meeting Grounds was a centre back, has he played there since?

Mellor, best passer of a ball at the club, can't get a game?

When you see the decent sides come to BP, you notice just how quick they get bodies forward into attacking positions when they break.

It's no wonder we struggle to score. When we get the ball lumped forward to our strikers they are swamped by defenders and snubbed out.

Feel sorry for Stead.

It might seem barmy but Joe Mills offered the team so much as a left back. I'd rather he signed him and didnt waste wages on Dunfield, Kissock etc.

Just because Grounds wants to play left back doesn't mean he should, he's far better at centre half.

Philliskirk is wasted out wide.

It's just all disheartening

When you see the decent sides come to BP, you notice just how quick they get bodies forward into attacking positions when they break.

It's no wonder we struggle to score. When we get the ball lumped forward to our strikers they are swamped by defenders and snubbed out.

Feel sorry for Stead.

Stead is really just an older Rooney, still maintain he wasn't a planned signing.

Am I also the only person who thought Harkins was very poor for him last night? Too many times he tried doing too much, looking for a nutmeg, delaying a cross to beat a man again. Not his best game in blue.

I thought he was good to watch all game, our only likelihood of creating something until Clark Harris came on and his corner for the goal was excellent.

I don't think you can ask for much more amidst a poor performance from most of his team mates.

Edited by HarryBosch