2. 2. Luke Simpson

• Keep - as number 1
    • Keep - as back up
    • Let go
  3. 3. Joel Coleman

• Keep - as number 1
    • Keep - as back up
    • Let go

Am I correct in thinking Simpson is out of contract after his loan agreement with Leicester came to an end.

We have to offer Simpson a new deal just so if he leaves we get some form of compensation, won't be a lot but its still a little.

Am I correct in thinking Simpson is out of contract after his loan agreement with Leicester came to an end.

We have to offer Simpson a new deal just so if he leaves we get some form of compensation, won't be a lot but its still a little.

I k ow what you're getting at; but to flip it around:

We offer him a deal to attempt to get the compensation. But, LJ and the club don't actually want him to sign it, as he / they don't actually think he's got it / isn't ready for 1st team football yet / money better spent elsewhere etc.

Now Leicester are Premier League, they decide they don't want to sign him anymore, but we still have an offer on the table which is then committed to.

We've just signed a player we didnt want to get a compo fee that didnt materialise...