Reduced prices for FA Cup tie

I know people who don't use th'internet, but buy the Chron to look at the births, marriages and deaths, and any news/adverts to do with Latics.

True and something I appreciate. However, it's about maximising the available sources of marketing, of which the Chron is one facet. It may just be that because in terms of travel-time Oldham is my nearest professional football club, but I'm comfortably outside the Chron's catchment area that I have a real issue with seemingly how often the club focuses it's marketing in the Chron.

Even Barry Blatter's comments talked about the people of Oldham, but what about the people from the surrounding areas, what's being done to bring them into the fold?

as a recent report reckoned that 85% of passengers dodge the fares then either they haven't got the cash to come or they've saved enough to come along...

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/88267/fare-dodgers-feel-force-of-tramstop-crackdown

But how many of them were because the ticket machines weren't working? I know the last time I "fare-doged" was because the machine took my £10 and didn't give me anything in return. I'm not paying twice for one thing because of a problem with their machines, that goes against the principle of currency.

To be honest it might just be me but fare-dodging doesn't make economic sense any more (although it used to). There are an awful lot more ticket inspectors and the fines are that much bigger that the risks outweigh the benefits.