Reduced prices for FA Cup tie

Apparantley it is £15 in tomorrow. Is this true? And why the smeg has it not been publicised?

Yeah, it's £15 for adults, oaps (I think) & under 16s £5 and £3 for under12s (if accompanied by an adult). It was in the chronicle earlier on in the week but Latics should of probably tried abit more to let people know not everybody buys the Chron these days.

Yeah, it's £15 for adults, oaps (I think) & under 16s £5 and £3 for under12s (if accompanied by an adult). It was in the chronicle earlier on in the week but Latics should of probably tried abit more to let people know not everybody buys the Chron these days.

I check the official site two or three times a day and massively overuse facebook, but first I have heard about it was via a text off a mate 1030 Friday.

Don't be sorry Pete. I'm talking about publicising reduced price entry. I've done a little ask around of my mates and not many knew until this morning when one person found out by accident because he is off work bored and clicked every link on the website. Who the :censored: clicks a link like that when they already know who we are playing?

The cut-price could have had a bit more promotion on social media IMO. I also follow Scunthorpe Utd on Facebook (my Dad and I occasionally go to their games as he's from the area) and they are much more thorough with promoting the club with news, articles, reminders etc.

Looking at the weather forecast they could do with knocking another tenner off the price if they want anyone there...

Don't be soft! Wrap up and take some magic coffee and you'll be fine! It'll make for a proper 1st round cup game if it pisses down. Can't wait.

The club should be publicising the reduced prices better though. Looks like we might have to do it ourselves.

Don't be soft! Wrap up and take some magic coffee and you'll be fine! It'll make for a proper 1st round cup game if it pisses down. Can't wait.

The club should be publicising the reduced prices. Looks like we might have to do it ourselves.

Sorted that for you. And yes I agree, I'm mega skint but I'm going to make the effort and sort thru my loose change. I often moan about our expensive prices so I will try my best to do my bit.

What do people think the best way to publicise this kind of thing is?

Twitter / Facebook are obvious ones - but there is a danger you are preaching to the choir a little if its just done via the club accounts. Do we look to get other local instituations to make people aware as well via Social Media? The Advertiser, Chron, MEN etc?

I still think the club should look for some billboard space in prominant locations - though it does amount to more cost. I regularly drive past Odsal on the way to work and they do the Billboard thing very well.

Where would you put one or two for maximim impact?

I would have put it on the FB and Twitter feeds every two days and on the official site I would have given the article the title of 'PRICES REDUCED FOR FA CUP CLASH' but then again I would actually want people to attend rather than slip a petty 'we once again reduced the prices but nobody came' comment into my next interview.

There should also be a board in the spindles or something that publicises upcoming games.

Twitter / Facebook are obvious ones - but there is a danger you are preaching to the choir a little if its just done via the club accounts. Do we look to get other local instituations to make people aware as well via Social Media? The Advertiser, Chron, MEN etc?

I still think the club should look for some billboard space in prominant locations - though it does amount to more cost. I regularly drive past Odsal on the way to work and they do the Billboard thing very well.

Where would you put one or two for maximim impact?

There's big wooden barrier out side Oldham town hall where the council are doing renovation work, we could of aproached the council about using it for massive bill board, "YOUR TOWN, YOUR CLUB, BE A PART OF IT"

then leave a section of it open where every month we could paste up the fixtures and relative information/offers etc?

how good would it of looked to passers by BRISTOL CITY AWAY SOLD OUT!

ROCHDALE AWAY SOLD OUT!

FA CUP REDUCED PRICES!

Edited by OAFCM35

There's big wooden barrier out side Oldham town hall where they aredoing renovation work, we could of aproached the council about using it for massive bill board, "YOUR TOWN, YOUR CLUB" then leave a section of it open where we every month we could paste up the fixtures and relative information ?

Plenty of room for billboards outside the town hall.

The Club advertises fixtures and admission prices in the Chron.

Which is a fat lot of good if you don't read it. I'm not paying however much it is for an online subscription to the Chron just to get some. Oldham Athletic news I can get for free, if necessary. I couldn't give a :censored: about Mrs. Bloggs from Watersheddings prize winning dog.

I knew it was £15/£5/£3 but only because I wanted to see if my Dad could sit in his usual RRE seat so looked through the website to find the prices hidden in the same article. The only people really expected to read Oldham's website are fans of Oldham and the a League 1 teams we are playing soon.

The readership of the Metro/MEN, god-awful papers that they are, is a much better source of marketing, and because newspapers are a dying medium it probably isn't as expensive as it used to be to advertise in them.

I think the club need to think about it's social media use too. Whilst I appreciate a lot of it is possibly automatic, the notification of the website articles tend to happen during 9-5, when most people are in work, and therefore not on social media. So get missed when they are on social media. I'd imagine it would be possible to update those sort of things outside of 9-5 as well, kinda like a repeat thing. Whilst I'd class myself a decently sized Twitter user I don't scroll back through the timeline for Oldham all that often to see what I've missed during the day.

It's a point I've made often on here but I do feel that the marketing of the club could be improved significantly without too much extra cost/effort.

as a recent report reckoned that 85% of passengers dodge the fares then either they haven't got the cash to come or they've saved enough to come along...

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/88267/fare-dodgers-feel-force-of-tramstop-crackdown

To boost Metrolink ticket sales the future fine should be to pay for a Latics season ticket.