Are we brave enough?

Feel that we have a team with ability and confidence - and have large amounts of possession in games.

My only concern is that we are not brave enough when attacking and seem to drop too deep too early in games to protect slender leads.

I think if we had more attacking intent in the last 30 minutes we could close out games more comfortably.

Thoughts?

To be honest, I am not convinced that we don't run out of gas at times in those final 30 minutes.

The game we play at our best is so dependent on pace and movement that becomes all that much harder to produce the longer the game goes on.

When we are in front and teams start to gamble by pressing us higher up the pitch we are vulnerable to players becoming isolated and picked off if the movement drops.

In addition we tend to use time in possession as recovery when we have been under pressure. If we don't have the ball and don't have that luxury, then we inevitably end up too deep!!

On the plus side we have actually defended well of late - particularly balls into the box that have hurt us in previous seasons!

To be honest, I am not convinced that we don't run out of gas at times in those final 30 minutes.

The game we play at our best is so dependent on pace and movement that becomes all that much harder to produce the longer the game goes on.

When we are in front and teams start to gamble by pressing us higher up the pitch we are vulnerable to players becoming isolated and picked off if the movement drops.

In addition we tend to use time in possession as recovery when we have been under pressure. If we don't have the ball and don't have that luxury, then we inevitably end up too deep!!

On the plus side we have actually defended well of late - particularly balls into the box that have hurt us in previous seasons!

Was it not LJ who said this could happen but he wanted everyone to go all out - or was it PD?

Was it not LJ who said this could happen but he wanted everyone to go all out - or was it PD?

I think it was LJ said when he first came to the team he inherited go flat out and hang on at the end.

However this is a completely different team I can safely say I'm pretty confident having watched most games that if we are 1 goal to the good going into the last 20 mins we can see out the game. In fact the majority of our wins are by the odd goal. We are pretty good at controlling the game for long periods.