Is it as simple as a bollocking gone wrong?

I don't think it was down to any particular bollocking. Yesterday was simply going 1-0 down early doors to a team who are absolutely flying (and as much as it pains me to say it, will probably go up this year). Heads just went and football basics just went out of the window. We've shown a few chinks in the armour these last few games so we simply need to get back to the high-tempo pressing game that we were playing during September and October.

I'd be FAR more concerned with a poor defeat at home to Crewe than a 7-0 rinsing away from home against nailed-on promotion contenders.

In fairness, the number of mistakes from Rachubka were stacking up, a keeper with the quality of Kenny becomes available, if the management felt a change was needed then it was a no brainer really - doubt anyone would have predicted it would go as badly as it has.

Absolutely spot on. Let's not pretend that Rachubka was doing well just because Kenny has been hopeless. He's less bad of the two options if anything.

Absolutely spot on. Let's not pretend that Rachubka was doing well just because Kenny has been hopeless. He's less bad of the two options if anything.

In terms of shot stopping maybe, but I can't remember the last time our defence has looked so settled for such a sustained period, and Rachubka was the common denominator.

He reminds me of Reuben Hazell, generally solid but prone to one mistake (or shot that he doesn't have the physical ability to save) a game. Obviously being a keeper it is more costly, but can anyone remember lots of mistakes from the back 4 when he was in goal? Crawley aside I can't think of many.

In terms of shot stopping maybe, but I can't remember the last time our defence has looked so settled for such a sustained period, and Rachubka was the common denominator.

He reminds me of Reuben Hazell, generally solid but prone to one mistake (or shot that he doesn't have the physical ability to save) a game. Obviously being a keeper it is more costly, but can anyone remember lots of mistakes from the back 4 when he was in goal? Crawley aside I can't think of many.

I think this about the defence is a myth, or at least doesn't reflect that our relative success to get into the top 6 was a team effort, or more about the goals scored than those conceded.

No clean sheet in 12 before Rachubka was replaced. And quite a few of them goals his fault too.